Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green box with white dots near "messages"

d_lidwell
Community Guru
Dawn L Member Since: Sep 3, 2015
11 of 14

Valeria, I've tried playing with my settings to get rid of the message bubble with a 1 inside it next to my messages tab, like you have suggested to the other posters on this thread. When I select the option to receive a notification for all activity, then switch to another page, the notification bubble with a number 1 inside of it appears - even though I have manually checked all of the message boxes within my message panel. When I change the notification settings to receive "Important Messages Only (1:1 messages, @mentions) option, then switch to another page (such as the Find Work page), the notification bubble does not disappear, but instead changes to the 3 white dots inside the bubble. As I mentioned before, I have read all of my messages, so there should not be any "pending messages", but I still have this notification bubble. The only way I know to get rid of it is by changing my notification settings to "Never", which we all know would never be good.

testsandeep
Community Leader
Sandeep C Member Since: Oct 24, 2013
12 of 14

Upwork has now introduced a new confusing messaging system. It is so complicated that users don't understand it and whats more It doesn't work always!! And Upwork modrators are there to apologize for tempory glitch. 

motyduke
Community Guru
Olivier P Member Since: May 25, 2015
13 of 14

valeria,

My settings is on " for all activity' and i have always these 3 white dots in  agreen box . So i think it is a bug or your answer is not the good one ! it is really annoying because i feel that i ave all the time a message waiting me but no....

motyduke
Community Guru
Olivier P Member Since: May 25, 2015
14 of 14

And now it is not the white dots but the number 1 : same as if i have a message waiting me......but no messages ! Grrr

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS