🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » HELP!! Changes in Upwork Unfavourable for Exi...
Page options
d44a504b
Community Member

HELP!! Changes in Upwork Unfavourable for Existing Freelancers- No longer getting job invites

Hi

So, I've been an active freelancer here for almost 2 years. When I started out, I was given the Rising Talent badge, and as soon as I was eligeble for it, the Top Rated one. During these years, everytime I would mark myself available, I would get dozens of views and invites, including  from talent managers. Life was good.

Some 3/4 months ago, I had a big drop in both profile views and invites. Like I would get a couple here and then, but it was such a major change. And now, over the last month, it just stopped completely. I get 0 invites and no profile views. I'm puzzled as to why this is happening. Ever since I started out, I have all 5 star feedbacks, 100% client recommendation, 100% job score, long term clients and long term contract, etc. I can put a check on every bullet point Upwork says it's important for your profile visibility, but for some reason, I still fell to the dark side of the algorithm, and I can't find any help to reverse this situation.

I've contacted support about this, and all their suggestions are stuff that I already have maxed out on my stats!

Of course I can send proposals, but the quality of jobs popping up on my job feed are very poor and it is safe to say are below my standards, feels like I am been offered jobs that I would categorically and almost absolutely reject, this was a major game change, as the fact that I got invites really made Upwork a worthy place to work on, despite the bigger fees. And I sure worked hard to keep that level of satisfaction among my clients! I feel so under appreciated by the upwork platform for all the hardwork I've put in over the years.

Has anyone else experienced the same situation, and if so, anyone has some hints as to why all of a sudden all invites and profile views went to a halt, even though I kept all my stats intact?

Thanks,

Emmanuel 

3 REPLIES 3
arehmanafaz
Community Member

Been here since 2015. Top rated with a success score of 96% and 100k+ earnings. I came here noticing if something is wrong with my profile or if others are witnessing the same and here's the very first post highlighting the same. 

I am also looking at job posts asking for complete On-Page SEO for $50. Something is definitely not right.

Never seen this before is all I can say.

Something is definitely not right and the Upwork community managers and customer support agents pin it on trivial things like profile visibility, profile bio or proposal writing.

For someone like you who has made $100k+ I am very sure these trivialities are not the reason for the drastic drop in quality of jobs and lack of job invites. I believe it was an administrative decision and a change in algorithm that is negatively affecting a selected few because I believe that there are still freelancers enjoying getting direct invitations to jobs and also quality jobs on their job feeds.

It is just sad that support will act oblivious and pretend that nothing is wrong with your profile, this is a workplace platform and they should really be transparent and honest with whatever hardworking freelancers are tackling.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Yes, I have also seen a substantial reduction, especially in invitations to submit proposals - down at least 50%, maybe as much as 75% - 90% compared to last year at this time.

Most of my clients on Upwork are looking to secure new bank or investor funding for new or young businesses, so maybe after so many cash-draining months of COVID fewer entrepreneurs are starting new companies in the US and abroad. I can't think of another factor, but whatever it is seems not to have affected Upwork adversely overall. The company's total revenues were up 25% for the first nine months of 2022 compared to the same period in 2021.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members