Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: HELP! I want to delete my account

daledarren23
Zilla T Member Since: Oct 21, 2016
1 of 12

Hi

I would like to delete my account immediately and I cannot find the option to do so. Someone opened an account for me without my knowledge or consent and I have not even finished filling in the profile section as I do not want this account.

I would appreciate if someone could tell me how to deactivate this account immediately.

Thanks.

golfnutt
Neil J Member Since: Oct 21, 2016
2 of 12

I'd like to cancel my account as well but can't seem to find the option. When I click on the close my account I can't seem to finalize the action.

Any help out there?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 12

Hi Zilla and Neil,

I can confirm your accounts are now closed.

Untitled
anita01081989
Anita K Member Since: Sep 23, 2016
4 of 12

Upwork has employed all **Edited for Community Guidelines** peoples ................ i would tell you why......... i got a ticket for ID verification few days back and i was told to upload my ID and proof of billing of statement.....

I uploaded bank statement as proof of my billing of statement.... and it was rejected quoting that it was over 6 months old.... the funniest and **Edited for Community Guidelines** part is that......the statement is showing a transaction with UPWORK itself on 05/10/16 ....... now i want to know how can my statement be over 6 months old.. if i had transaction with UPWORK itself (upwork sent me fund on 05/10/16) ..............  and this happened not once but twice............. i specifically marked out the area where the UPWORK transaction is showing in my statement but still it was rejected... i am attaching the document here....for you to see.. and tell......... me... if i have transaction on 05th October 2016 then how can it be over 6 months old..... tell me.. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5 of 12

It's kinda funny how you call Upwork employees **Edited for Community Guidelines** but then you post your bank statement. Is that your account number?

45 bots have now crawled and indexed that.

lysis10
Community Guru
6 of 12

I think they are having a "no u" moment.

zoomconcepts
Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
7 of 12

I'm... kinda not sure you understand what the billing statement is for.  They don't need to see a transaction - they need to see a name and an address on it. Those documents you're showing have none of that, it's a bunch of numbers that are pretty much useless. If that's all you've sent them, you'll keep getting rejected. 

But sure, keep calling people **Edited for Community Guidelines**, that'll solve the problem. 

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
8 of 12

Hi Anita,

I already removed a few of your comments for disparaging Upwork team members and posting offensive remarks. Please check the private message I sent you and also check the explanations and updates our team posted on your ticket. As already outlined on your ticket, our team needs the issuing date of the statement and not transaction dates, which the document you submitted showed.

Let our team know if you need further clarification regarding the reason why the statement you submitted was rejected.

Untitled
anita01081989
Anita K Member Since: Sep 23, 2016
9 of 12

... if the transaction is updated on 17/10/2016 then it is obvious that it has been issued on 17/10/2016 or later..... how can one print the transaction of 17/10/2016 before that......... do u have explanation of this....... if the statement is showing the trasaction on 17/10/16 then it is understood that the statement has been updated on that day or later... not before that............ use some COMMON SENSE

lysis10
Community Guru
10 of 12

With all this energy to rageface here and post pics and whatever, you could have just taken a pic of your bank statement and sent them what they want and move on with your life.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS