cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Searching for job, applied for 20 jobs but haven't got a single response!

Samantha S Member Since: Nov 19, 2014
11 of 13

I am new on Odesk, but my profile shows 100% and I have been applyiing for jobs non stop and yet no response.  I have contacted Odesk in regards to my profile possibly being "invisible" and it is not, but when I try looking it up it does not show my profile? What am I doing wrong? HELP! This momma needs work.

Ace Contributor
Susan B Member Since: Mar 28, 2009
BEST ANSWER
12 of 13

Just dump the domestic engineer stuff. Especially the title. Are you looking to be hired as someone's wife? (I think that's polygamy, by the way).

Dump all the personal stuff. Dump anything that doesn't apply to the work you are looking for on oDesk.

And put in specifics about what you can do on oDesk - there is nothing in your  profile that states this. How did you do scheduling and data input? Do you have any high-end documents you have created that you can post? Have you seen jobs looking for certain things? Why not do the job even if you aren't hired and post it to your portfolio. Be sure to indicate that it is spec work or sample work (don't do anything that makes it look like you are lying about the work and that it is from a real project).

And once you have figured this out and established your capabilities, you need to raise your rate, no matter what you are offering. No one from the US should post a rate like that. You look like you have absolutely no confidence in your work and the only way you think you can get it is by undercutting everyone else.

Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
13 of 13

great advice Susan! wanted to say the same thing but didn't want to appear like i was killing creativity, so i had to think up a better way of posting a critique. i mean, "domestic engineer" sounds pretty cool... until you actually read what it means.

your profile is there to show clients what you can do in relation to what they need; leave the personal things, well, personal. like Susan, what i can advice is to be more specific. you've done pretty well describing what you can do when you started at "tabulating and multi-tasking..." work on that further.

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS