🐈 Community
jennifertone

HELP!!!! Upwork is not transferring my hourly payments to my balance

Hi Upwork, 

Last week I worked 8 hours for a writing job and received hourly compensation plus a $50 bonus. The only payment that went through to my balance when I clicked on "Get Paid" was the bonus, but not the actual payment. What is going on?! I was even notified by email from Upwork that my weekly timesheet was available for review and saw both the hourly payment + bonus, but again only the bonus appeared in my available balance. I have included screenshots of both pages for your reference. 

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks,

JenniferScreen Shot 2017-10-02 at 8.51.50 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-02 at 8.53.02 AM.png

12 REPLIES 12
zoomconcepts

I would say probably not.

Jennifer, check your "Pending" and "Under Review" tabs.

Thanks so much for your quick reply. Where can I find these selections?

According to the payment schedule, since I was paid last Monday I should have received it this past Saturday. Am I correct or did I misread?

Thanks for your quick reply!!

If your hours were logged last week (anywhere between Monday Sep 25 and Sun Oct 1), you've just entered week 2. Now, from today until Friday, the client has a review period where he can dispute those hours. The money should appear in the second tab from your Reports Overview page, under In Review. On Friday/Saturday it will move to the next tab, Pending, which is Week 3 of the cycle, the security period. It will be held there until Wednesday Oct 11, when it will be moved to your Available tab and you can withdraw it. 

ETA: judging by your replies, you've spent exactly 0 time getting to know the system you plan to work with. That will not work out well in the long term - take some time to read how the site works and what's where, it'll save you a lot of headaches in the future. 

Aaand this reply just confirms my quess. I'm not customer support, I'm a fellow freelancer like you, trying to help a newbie out. My advice was from personal experience, from someone who's seen the forums continuously flooded with questions about basic site functions that every starting freelancer should familiarise themselves with at the start. Again, spend some time reading about the place. It'll save you future trouble. 

Unbelievable.

Bojana gave you the link where you can access the information.

ALL the info you need can be seen also on your Reports Overview page. Just LOOK at it and use your mouse to hover over the question marks and to click on the green "when will I get paid" button

Here is what Bojana, out of the kindness of her heart, dug out for you.

Just CLICK on it. https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063698-Weekly-Billing-Cycle

Oh snap. I missed her reply before she edited it, but obviously it wasn't anything good. You gave great advice!!! I have only been on the platform since July, but I read all of the get started stuff before I did anything else.

WOAH everyone please chill out. I wrote that I didn't appreciate an element of what Bojana wrote after thanking her for her advice.

I deleted it because of Bojana's reply which felt quite judgmental, and didn't want to get involved in any sort of internet issue.

I just returned to my computer to find a stream of messages speaking about me in a negative light and can't at all figure out why this thread is even continuing?!

Can I delete this whole thing? Wow...

I don't know what the OP's response was to your reply. Most likely it wasn't very nice since it was deleted. It's a shame that when someone comes on here and asks a questions and gets a very very nice detailed response that they are nasty about it. I sure hope that is not the norm concerning her attitude when she's dealing with clients.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

This thread has been closed from further replies.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Learning Paths