Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP WITH MY ACCOUNT

Highlighted
Ma Janet D Member Since: Jan 6, 2019
1 of 14

HELLO I NEED HELP,

THIS IS MY OTHER ACCOUNT that i am using. I have a problem regarding my **Edited for Community Guidelines** upwork account. I have been using that account for years, and i never did a password reset. But when i tried logging in today it wont, accept my password. I tried to reset password, but i dont have access to that old email anymore. The only email i can remember creating is the email connected to this account which i am using right now **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Can you please help me with the reset, and perhaps update the email to the working email i am currenty using now?. I can provide you with enough evidence that i am the owner of both accounts. It's just that i created this two accounts around 2011-2012. And i forgot the second email. Looking forward to your help on this as i have jobs to do. It would also be helpfull if you can see the history changes of the account and see if someone changed my password. Thanks

UPDATE:

I just recently logged in to my time tracker and it shows: PLEASE USE MAIN SITE TO LOGIN AND UNLOCK YOUR ACCOUNT. I have attached an image regarding that notification. So i assume my account has been locked. I dont recall anything or any warning why it got locked. Please help me with this.

Highlighted
2 of 14

UPDATE:

I just recently logged in to my time tracker and it shows: PLEASE USE MAIN SITE TO LOGIN AND UNLOCK YOUR ACCOUNT. I have attached an image regarding that notification.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
3 of 14

@Ma Janet D wrote:

HELLO I NEED HELP,

THIS IS MY OTHER ACCOUNT that i am using. I have a problem regarding my **Edited for Community Guidelines** upwork account. I have been using that account for years, and i never did a password reset. But when i tried logging in today it wont, accept my password. I tried to reset password, but i dont have access to that old email anymore. The only email i can remember creating is the email connected to this account which i am using right now **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Can you please help me with the reset, and perhaps update the email to the working email i am currenty using now?. I can provide you with enough evidence that i am the owner of both accounts. It's just that i created this two accounts around 2011-2012. And i forgot the second email. Looking forward to your help on this as i have jobs to do. It would also be helpfull if you can see the history changes of the account and see if someone changed my password. Thanks

UPDATE:

I just recently logged in to my time tracker and it shows: PLEASE USE MAIN SITE TO LOGIN AND UNLOCK YOUR ACCOUNT. I have attached an image regarding that notification. So i assume my account has been locked. I dont recall anything or any warning why it got locked. Please help me with this.

The problem is likely that you are not allowed to have more than one account. 

Highlighted
4 of 14

Hello, both of the accounts have been existing since around 2012 if i am not mistaken. I am not deleting this account**Edited for Community Guidelines** as of the moment until i am able to login to my main account**Edited for Community Guidelines**. Please help me with this.

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
5 of 14

Hi Ma Janet,

I checked your account and it looks like you have already reset your password successfully. Please log in to the main website and let us know if you are still experiencing trouble. Also, please delete the duplicate account you have. Having duplicate accounts on Upwork is a violation to Upwork ToS. Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
6 of 14

Hello Joanne,

Please take note at my first message .The account that i am currently using now is another old account i had for years and i have not been using this. I only used this today so i can login and reply on this communty support forum. I have successfully reset the password for this account which is the account that you recently checked. I am actually having problems with my main account which is **Edited for Community Guidelines** Please let me know the status for that account. I dont have access to it, i tried the desktop app. Or even the mobile app and it shows the same error. Please Joanne help me with this i have work to do. I will not delete this secondary account untill i have access to my main account. This is the only way i could communicate with upwork support. Looking forward to your prompt reply. 

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
7 of 14

Hi Ma Janet,

I've requested a member of our customer support team to reach out to you directly and assist further with this concern. If you would like to share more information, please feel free to post it here; however, if private information is involved, please send it to me via PM. I edited your post here in the community as it is not allowed in our Community Guidelines to share private details publicly. Once the issue is resolved please go ahead and delete your duplicate account, it is a violation to Upwork ToS to have a duplicate account. Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
8 of 14

Hello Joanne

Just want to let you know the only way i can communicate with Upwork is through this account. Where would the custommer support contact me? is it on the community discussion? or will they message on this account?  Please do let them know that this is the only access i have to communicate with your company. I will delete this duplicate as soon as i have access to my main account.  Thank you for your prompt reply. I hope this gets fixed soon as i have clients waiting. 

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
9 of 14

HI Ma. Janet, 

I wanted to clarify if you have access to the email address associated with your "old" account? Please know that the team has sent you an email through that email address. Let us know if have issues accessing the email address associated with the old account.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
10 of 14

Hello Avery,

When I said "Old Account", this is the **edited for Community Guidelines** account wherein the password was successfully changed, the account that I never used ever since until yesterday, that I never thought existed and I have access to the email add which is **edited for Community Guidelines**.  

The account I have problem is the one I am using since 2011 **edited for Community Guidelines**. I haven't forgot the password ever since.  I was forced to change password yestereday, and when I did I received this message thru my "Old Acct" email add **edited for Community Guidelines**) : This email confirms that you recently changed the password for user account **Edited for Community Guidelines** but if you can check on the profile, no activites been done in this account as I never used this ever since.

I have problem accessing password as well as had forgot my email address for **edited for Community Guidelines**.

I hope you got my point here.  And I hope you can help me with this problem.  I have pending work in **edited for Community Guidelines** account. Thank you Avery.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS