🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » HELP please
Page options
saima_faisal
Community Member

HELP please

I have downloaded the Upwork Desktop App, started the time tracker and began work. Time was being tracked but a message appeared saying connection is lost. Screenshots were also being taken by the app, and I could see those too. but the connection notice appeared.

SO after around 40 minutes of work (out of 60 minutes total), I had to get up so I switched off the time tracker. Now as soon as I check in the workplace it says you havent logged in to the time tracker at all. :(:( No screenshots showing or no time limit showing to the client that I have already worked for 40 minutes and that the article is almost done.

What to do now? Should I message the client to update him about what has happened? Should I ready the file and send to him even though the timer shows zero minutes worked? Will I get paid?

8 REPLIES 8
williamtcooper
Community Member

I only use Fixed-Fee jobs to avoid these types of issues. Yes, I would contact the client.

bilal1983
Community Member

The connection lost message appears when there is an internet issue, but time is still tracked.

It might take some time for the logged time to appear on your Work Diary. Don't contact the client yet.

Refresh you Overview page under Reports, and the logged time will show up eventually.

Thnks, will do that. 

lysis10
Community Member

It has to upload your time after you get your connection back.

debi-f
Community Member

You can add hours manually. I usually place price per word. If the client wants per hour, I convert the per word price to per hour price. And I add the hours worked manually. Then the client will receive the timesheet and accept the payment. I don't work with the tracker. 

good idea, I am going to do that next time.

debi-f
Community Member

To add hours manually, go to "My Jobs", to "Timesheet" and then "Add Time"

lysis10
Community Member

Débora F wrote:

To add hours manually, go to "My Jobs", to "Timesheet" and then "Add Time"

I would advise against this before the tracker uploads time.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members