fcovingt

HOW DO I CANCEL MY UPWORK MEMBERSHIP

HOW DO I CANCEL MY UPWORK MEMBERSHIP

9 REPLIES 9
maheshajwani

Hi Francis,

Go to this link below you will find your answer.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062888-Freelancer-Membership-Plans-Basic-Plus 

Mahesh

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Francis,

It looks like your Membership plan is Basic currently and it can't be downgraded. Are you talking about cancelling your account completely?

~ Valeria
Upwork

Yes, I wish to cancel the membership/account altogether --please advise how t do it.

Hi Rephael,

Your Membership is Basic so you don't need to cancel it. If you want to close your account altogether, click on your picture in the upper right corner and go to Settings. On Contact Info page, you'll see a link that says Close My Account.

~ Valeria
Upwork

When I click on the 'Contact Info' link it doesn't work and sends me to the security and password page. So I'm not able to access the link to close my account. I've tried it multiple times on both Chrome and Internet Explorer. 

Hi Jaimie,

If you set up your security answer, you should be able to access all the tabs in your Settings and close your account. Let us know if you run into any further issues.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

I, too, have a basic membership.  Why do I not need to cancel it? 

I am mixed up about Connects too.  Did I pay for the 60 Connects I am starting with?  Do they roll over?  When I run out am I automatically billed for more?  Are there other fees Upwork can charge me if I leave my account in Basic mode and no longer seek work from the platform?

Thank you.

Hi Denise,

The remaining connects balance will expire one year from the date of issue. For more information please check the Connects History page. No, you did not pay anything for the Connects that you have now as they did rollover from your previous connects balance prior to the change in the connects policy. If however, you decide to stop using Upwork, no charges will be issued on your account for the current account status. If you want to learn how to close the account, please follow up on this help article

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you.