🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » HOW TO RAISE A TICKET?
Page options
b4010b3f
Community Member

HOW TO RAISE A TICKET?

THIS UPWORK IS NOT USER FRIENDLY PLATFORM AT ALL. 

The freelancer that i worked with cheated us so badly. the complete project is of waste of time and money. 

He agreed to do what we asked and later he just delivered a useless product/website. 

Too huge performance issue and when we asked him he is not responsive. And he  initially asked us on Fiver to pay him on the upwork. this upwork may be good for cheaters to play around! 

I couldn't find where to dispute this on upwork. Can some one help me how to raise the dispute?

21 REPLIES 21
prestonhunter
Community Member

You can read about disputes here:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Content-Corner/Facts-about-Disputes/td-p/258942

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062158-Dispute-an-Agency-or-Freelancer-s-Hours

But you should understand that disputes are not something that experienced clients use to manage their projects.

As a client, you have all the power over a contract. You can end a contract at any time. You MIGHT be able to file a dispute, depending on what type of contract you have and when hours were last logged, or when payments were last released. But filing a dispute doesn't necessarily mean you get money back.

The more effective way to manage a project is to evaluate work submitted by freelancers from the beginning. And if you do not highly value their work then just end the contract. It is far easier to not pay under-performing freelancers in the first place than it is to pay them and then try to get some money back.

To provide context and help Forum participants better answer your questions and provide advice, can you answer these questions:

Was this an hourly or fixed-price contract?
How much money in total did you spend on Upwork for this project?

How many freelancers did you hire for this?

Preston, the OP has a very valid question:

HOW TO RAISE A TICKET

Your answer does not provide that advice, just has links to concentric articles that still never lead to a simple buttion to click saying 'Raise Ticket', and express your own personal view that disputes are unnecessary.

Try telling that to a horse trainer who has discovered the stable door open and the horse gone.

I have the same issue: I cannot find ANYWHERE on Upwork to get a support ticket logged with the admin. And, my payment sails off into the 'over a week' category because I CANNOT FIND HOW TO RAISE A TICKET.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Bevan S wrote:

HOW TO RAISE A TICKET

Go to the Support page

Scroll to the bottom, find the chat bot symbol on the right chatbot.png 

Click on it.

Choose your account type

Choose "something else"

Choose Contact Support.

contact support.png

Bevan S wrote:

And, my payment sails off into the 'over a week' category because I CANNOT FIND HOW TO RAISE A TICKET.

Raising a ticket does not initiate a dispute and you don't need to raise a ticket to raise one either. If this is regarding an hourly contract, it is now too late to dispute hours that were tracked or logged during the previous week, the deadline for that was midnight on Friday UTC, and too early to dispute hours tracked or logged this current week.

Hello Petra,

Thanks for your reply. When I click on the chat Icon, nothing happens at all.

Hi Bevan,

We are here to help. Could you please share more information about the issue you are experiencing so that we can assist you accordingly? 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello @Nicola S

Thanks. This really needs a separate, off-forum message of it's own, but here goes:

I posted a job (26608526)

The 'Freelancer' - who is actually a salesman not a freelancer - said his product would do the job

I paid his requested amount (the budget was $200 but he wanted $250)

He complained that Upwork had stripped 20% out of it and requested more money

I sent money via international banking

He 'made a mistake' at his bank and they reversed the payment (minus bank fees)

I added 20% and sent him money via Upwork

He sent me the product. I'd paid $430!!!!!

Then, as time went on, it became obvious that his product, clever as it was, did not do what I wanted and had stipulated in the brief. I got him on zoom: he fobbed my questions onto a 'support forum' for the product.

Finally, when I said I was not happy and I wanted it fixed or refunded, he suddenly went non comunicado - AWOL.

I tried to raise a dispute: the Upwork site won't raise a dispute unless money is still in escrow (which it's not, he wouldnt ship the product without payment, of course).

I requested a refund. NO response

I did so again. No response

I created a $5 milestone with the title Fix Issue. No response.

I searched for some way to get in touch with you. All i could find was lots of posts from others who also could not find how to raise a ticket. (On this particular one, I saw patronising and useless comments from one user and just replied to him pointing out how offensive he was being. Apparently that breached community guidelines so I got pinged.)

That's the story so far!

Bevan S wrote:

I sent money via international banking

You and the freelancer both violated Upwork's most sacred term of service by paying / receiving money outside the platform.

Bevan S wrote:

I tried to raise a dispute: the Upwork site won't raise a dispute unless money is still in escrow.

Or less than 30 days have passed until the last milestone has been released.

Bevan S wrote:

I created a $5 milestone with the title Fix Issue. No response.

You now have money in Escrow. You can now contact support to try and dispute, if Upwork don't suspend both accounts for the "pay outside the platform" stunt.

If you are allowed to dispute, you can dispute whatever you have paid on the platform. (Not just the money in Escrow).

I did write you a step-by-step guide how to raise a ticket, so it shouldn't be that difficult.

He complained that Upwork had stripped 20% out of it and requested more money

----

I added 20% and sent him money via Upwork

That is not how it works. The freelancer pays the fees, not the client, and whatever price a freelancer accepts is what the client pays. 

Bevan S wrote:

Hello Petra,

Thanks for your reply. When I click on the chat Icon, nothing happens at all.

Try a different browser?

Hi Bevan,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via this support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
2726456f
Community Member

Hi @Nikola S 

I'm having some problem with my connects I'm suppossed to have received connects after getting the rising Talent badge, monthly connects and after job success connects and I didn't receive any could you help me out?

JoanneP

Hi Syam,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience working with this freelancer. I checked and I was able to locate the contract you are referring to. It seems like you have already requested a refund from your freelancer. I have escalated your concern to our team, and one of our agents will assist you further via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
b4010b3f
Community Member

ok i will wait for the support member to assist me on this. 

Joanne Marie,

Your responses being so much more civil, can you also help me with a similar issue?

Hi All,

A few posts have been edited from this thread for Community Guidelines. We encourage our Community members to be professional and respectful to one another when posting here. Please, be mindful of the Community Guidelines and avoid making personal attacks.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ddda270d
Community Member

How can I open a support ticket to report a buyer that I completed work for but is not responding to my emails nor has accepted the contract after they advised for me to change the terms?! So frustrating. Please make this process easier + protect freelancers so they don't get scammed.

Hi Keith,

did you provide the work to the client without formally being hired on Upwork?

What terms did they want to change?

ddda270d
Community Member

Hello, yes -- unfortunately that was the case. Is there an option somewhere to report the buyer? Or can you step in and nudge them or something else? 

Hi Keith, I am a freelancer like you here. I have no way of contacting your client for you.

Is there a particular reason why you provided the work before being hired, because now, the client has no reason to contact you back, or to pay you.

ddda270d
Community Member

Ok, I guess I will try and conact support. There must be some kind of security settings or a way to elimimnate these things from happening as this is kind a loophole to totally take advantage of sellers. Buyers can reach out and basically get away with certain requests. Wow, this is BAD!!! 😡

Here is a help article for fixed price contract.

Fixed-Price Protection – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

khurramshabbir87
Community Member

Hi,

I am unable to submit proposal, I receive a message " The link has expired " Kindly resolve my issue.

Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members