🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » HTML markup - erroneous
Page options
naomikuttner
Community Member

html markup error

Every time I try to edit my profile description, I get an error message saying 'don't use html markup,' and I can't save anything. 

There is no html markup in my text, but this error message keeps coming up, meaning I can't edit anything. 

38 REPLIES 38
JoanneP

Hi Naomi,

Could you please try using a different browser or after clearing your cache and cookies? If the issue persists, please let us know so we can check further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Ok, will do
ginnywan
Community Member

I am having the same problem for my profile edit. I have tried everything mentioned in forum discussions, but doesn't work. 

Hi Hongxin,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I am having the same problem for my profile edit. I have tried everything mentioned in forum discussions, but doesn't work.  (2) Need help please.

Hi Murtuza,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

The issue hasn't been resolved yet. I need serious help please.

Hi Murtuza,

I understand you're needing assistance with this issue and I'm sorry for how this has inconvenienced you. I've repliied to your previous message regarding this query that you posted here. Would you please follow up on your ticket to let the team know that you're still experiencing this issue? This is so that we can keep all the information in one place and assist you more effectively.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

It was an inside issue, I fixed it. Thank you for the support, you all are doing a great job. THANK YOU! 

558b0f2c
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I have observed this error comes when we use greaterthaan or less than symbol '<' '>' in write up. It allows to save once we delete those symbols.

Thank you & Regards

Vaibhav Rao

Thank you, it works

Having same problem!

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
d783ab96
Community Member

Hi Joanne, I am not able to save my Bio due to the HTML markup and have tried everything

Hi Ashton,

I have escalated your report to the appropriate team. One of the members will surely review your case and assist you further via a support ticket. You can access your ticket on this page once been set up.

~ Arjay
Upwork
41a7ea7b
Community Member

I have the same issues after try login to difference browser and clear the cookies but nothing work for me.

Hi Adnan,

Thank you for reaching out to us and reporting this here in the Community. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
carruth_chris
Community Member

When creating profile, no matter how I do it, including from Notepad,  it says I am using HTML...which I am clearly NOT.  So my profile is a bunch of meaningless letters strung together to get past this. 

Any suggestions?!

Try to tipe it manually, then see if it gives you the same error. If so, try to delete all your coockies in the browser you're using.

Googd luck,

Hi Chris, 

Does the issue persist if you try MHAMMED's suggestion above? Let me know so that I can look into this further.

~ Avery
Upwork

HI, I am getting the following error again and again: 

Please don't use HTML markup.?? 
how do we fix it
regaards

Hi Anand,

May you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue. Also, please try MHAMMED's suggestion above! 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi! I'm currently having the same issue. Also already deleted my cache and cookies and no go. Please help.

Hi Taletha,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Could you please try using a different browser as well? Let us know if the problem persists so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Same thing in other browsers.

Hi Zafar,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

your question: Does the issue persist if you try MHAMMED's suggestion above? Let me know so that I can look into this further.

No, It doesn't work for me even tho one admin/moderator emailed me to click on clear cookies but still i am getting this error " Please don't use HTML markup", need help please.. 

Hi Murtuza, 

Since you already have a support ticket for your case, please consider following up on your ticket so that the team can assist you more effectively.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I struggled with this issue for a while as well.  Tried a variety of solutions.  But finally solved it.

In my case I had a line in my profile as follows:

- Large datasets >200K

The issue was in using the ">"  in my text to represent 'greater than 200K'  

I removed the > and replaced it with the words greater than and that fixed the issue.  Surely wouldn't consider that as using HTML but it seems to be how the rule has been coded into the profile form.

Hope this helps!!

nhly
Community Member

I am having this same problem. I have deleted all cookies and cached, but the same html markup error keeps appearing. I even tried to edit my profile on mobile and the same error message pops up. Please help me solve this issue. This has been an issue since May 2021.

Hi Nina,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
nazibulhaquenizu
Community Member

I'm having the same trouble. Is there any way of salvation?

Hi Nazibul,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork
nhly
Community Member

Hello,

I don't know who Nazibul is, but that person is not me. Please double check
the email address of the person you are trying to contact. If the email is
correct, please report the person as fraud.

Thanks,
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nina,

Could you please clarify your report so that we can assist you accordingly? 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
nhly
Community Member

Hello,

I have not made a report recently, so I do not understand where this is
coming from. I had a problem months ago (June or July, I believe), but not
in the past weeks.

Nina.
harpreetbasran
Community Member

Hi, 

I'm facing this same problem, I have cleared the cache, cookies and used a different browser. 

Hi Harpreet,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths