Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Has Upwork removed the Chat support?

serafindesigns
Active Member
Stef S Member Since: Feb 8, 2020
11 of 23
I have an issue Valerie that only a rep can handle. You said it's only available at certain times, but chat was always there for me.

Chat was a great way to get things fixed and now it's gone.
2a05aa63
Community Guru
Viacheslav K Member Since: Sep 9, 2015
12 of 23

Stef S wrote:
I have an issue Valerie that only a rep can handle. You said it's only available at certain times, but chat was always there for me.

Chat was a great way to get things fixed and now it's gone.

4 years have passed. 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
13 of 23

Viacheslav K wrote:

Stef S wrote:
Chat was a great way to get things fixed and now it's gone.

4 years have passed. 


Chat is available (to top rated freelancers, which you are) after you have gone through the lengthy process of getting there (clicking on the bot icon at the bottom of the page.)

 

chat bot.png

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
14 of 23

@Nirveek G wrote:

Hi,

 

Till now I've been taking help of Upwork chat support but I don't see that now. Has Upwork removed it?

 

I'm an exclusive freelancer and also associated with an agency. When a new job is awarded, how do I understand which account has the job been awarded to?

 

Can anyone help me with this please?


 I wish I could help you. Chat or any kind of communication with customer support is not available to me either, and I am top rated. The interface has completely changed. Perhaps a mod will intervene. 

 

So what is going on? I suppose I am being punished because I keep contacting  customer support for academic fraud - is that it  Upwork?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
15 of 23

Hi Nichola,

 

The help center design has changed but definitely not to punish Upwork users. With the new flow, once you click "Get Help from Upwork" button, you'll be selecting the options that best describe your use of the site and the question(s) you have. We can then show the best "self-help" options we have available for these questions or get you to the appropriate support team for help. It may take some getting used to, but we're confident this will improve the overall experience you have when you need to contact us for help.

~ Valeria
Untitled
colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
16 of 23

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Nichola,

 

The help center design has changed but definitely not to punish Upwork users. With the new flow, once you click "Get Help from Upwork" button, you'll be selecting the options that best describe your use of the site and the question(s) you have. We can then show the best "self-help" options we have available for these questions or get you to the appropriate support team for help. It may take some getting used to, but we're confident this will improve the overall experience you have when you need to contact us for help.


 The options I have been given  bear no relation to this clause in the Terms of use:

3. REPORTING AND CORRECTING VIOLATIONS

If you become aware of any violation of these Terms, you must immediately report it to Customer Service. You agree to assist us with any investigation we undertake and to take any remedial steps we require in order to correct a violation of these Terms.

 

Also, if Upwork has moved the goalposts on chat availability to top-rated freelancers, would you please be transparent and say so.

 

 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
17 of 23

Nichola,

 

If the options you see don't provide the help you need, please click this button:

 

 

Screenshot_28.png

 

Then click this button:

 

Screenshot_29.png

 

And support options available to you will show. I just checked and chat is among the options available to you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
18 of 23

I've just followed all the moves - and yes - eventually I reached support or chat. Sorry Valeria, I know this is not your decision, but why make access to support so extremely difficult and so extremely time-consuming? 

 

 

nirveek_ghosh
Active Member
Nirveek G Member Since: Feb 6, 2017
19 of 23

Nichola,

 

Can you share the moves please? I somehow don't get any clue how to reach the chat.

 

Thanks,

Nirveek

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
20 of 23

@Nirveek G wrote:

Nichola,

 

Can you share the moves please? I somehow don't get any clue how to reach the chat.

 

Thanks,

Nirveek


Nirveek, you will not find the Cat Support option, you are not top rated. Submit a normal ticket instead. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS