🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Has Upwork stopped sending 'Thanks for fl...
Page options
joduxbury
Community Member

Has Upwork stopped sending 'Thanks for flagging' emails?

I flag problematic jobs on Upwork regularly, usually where clients are asking for free work, or for academic fraud. 

In the past, I've received a 'Thanks for flagging' email for roughly 2/3 of the jobs I've flagged. 

However in the last few months, I've received none of thes emails, despite flagging around 10 or so jobs per week. 

Is Upwork no longer sending these emails, or are fewer inappropriate projects being removed these days? 

8 REPLIES 8
versailles
Community Member

They don't send these anymore when you flag a freelancer too.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

That's frustrating, Rene 😞

Any Upwork mods or admin around who can answer my original question please? 

Jo D wrote:

Any Upwork mods or admin around who can answer my original question please? 

No need for "Upwork mods or admin" to do so. Rene answered it. They are no longer being sent and were meaningless when they were sent anyway, they did not indicate what, if anything has been done.

I understand your point, Petra, about the emails not being useful as they never confirmed whether or not action had been taken.

I am simply looking for someone from Upwork to confirm that these emails are no longer being sent.

None of the jobs I have flagged in the last few months have been removed, whereas in the past many would have been (I go and check after a day or two).

I'm trying to ascertain if it is even worth flagging jobs or freelancers anymore.

When nobody is receiving them that would indicate they are no longer being sent, no?

When I flag jobs or people, mostly action is taken. Remember that you may not be able to see what, if anything, was done.

In my personal experience flagging is worth it, but I entirely fail to see the connection between the notification and it the concern whether it is even worth flagging jobs or freelancers anymore.

Those emails gave no indication of anything being done, and the lack of emails obviously does not mean nothing is being done about a specific flagged item.

'When nobody is receiving them that would indicate they are no longer being sent, no?" - well, AFAIK, 3 of us aren't receiving them 🙂 

The emails I used to receive said: 

"We’ve reviewed your report, and have investigated and taken action as it relates to our Terms of Service. Thank you for helping us maintain a safe and thriving online workspace."

OR

"We have reviewed your report, and have investigated and taken action as it relates to our Terms of Service. No further action is required at this time. Thank you for helping us maintain a safe and thriving online workspace." 

Neither explicitly states what was done. However the first one always correlated with the post being removed when I went to check it. 

It's good to hear that action is being taken on the jobs you are flagging, Petra. Unfortunately many jobs I've flagged for violating the ToS have not been removed - whereas the same types of violations were removed in the past. So what I'm experiencing is **crickets** after I flag something - no email, no removal. Maybe other action is being taken but there's no acknowledgement even that my flag has been received.

As I said before, I'd really like an official response from Upwork from this. 

In any case, while they don't sent these e-mails anymore, they are informed when we flag. I flagged a freelancer and they action was taken promptly.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Jo and others,

Sorry about the delayed response here. I got a confirmation from our engineers that by design the email should still be sent and they are going to investigate why it's not working properly at the moment. 

I can confirm that flagged jobs and profiles are still being sent to the team for a review and action is taken according to Upwork ToS.

Thanks for bringing this up!

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths