cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone got Job Success increased?

Vladimir C Member Since: Aug 16, 2013
1 of 19

Since the implementation of Job Success attribute on my account it is continously dropping. Since the beggining i had a JS score of 100%, and then it started to drop dramatically, despite i have had several 5.00 jobs and clients were very happy.

It dropped to 97% then 95% and the biggest drop was when i merged my Elance account, but i was told by an Upwork representative that my JS score and overall score would not be affected. However, now i have JS of 92% and im feeling very unconfortable to the upcoming JS update.

On the other hand, having >90% JS score havent helped me much, and after its implementation i got like 70% less interviews, and Active Candidacies.

Has anyone got JS score increase so far? It seems that it goes down very easy, and its very hard to get it increased.

Community Leader
Cristian F Member Since: Jun 21, 2015
2 of 19

Hello Vladimir,

I took a look at your profile and it looks good to me.

However, Job Success score is influenced by some factors that are not displayed on your public profile: 

- The private feedback left by your clients.

- Unsuccessful contracts. Say you get a new contract and for various reasons you don't complete it. Even if the client won't be charged ( the contract will not appear on your public profile ) your JS score will be affected.

- A pattern of contracts ended with no feedback - this is surely not your case

- Inactive contracts

By looking at your profile I can't see any any obvious reasons why your score is at 92%. So my guess is that something behind the scenes triggered the drop.

I would recommend you to read more, here on the forum, about how JS is calculated because there are many helpful threads.

Vladimir C Member Since: Aug 16, 2013
3 of 19

Thanks for your reply Cristian, its very helpful. However, my question was, does anyone had it increased, because it seems almost impossible to lift it up. once it drops. My JS drop was influenced by merging Elance account, by which i was told that nothing will happen.

Community Leader
Cristian F Member Since: Jun 21, 2015
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 19

re: "Has anyone got Job Success increased?"

Sure. I see my Job Success fluctuate every couple weeks.

It went down to 96% a couple weeks ago. It went back up to 98% a couple days ago.

As has been explaiend elsewhere on this forum, the Job Success score may go up an down every two weeks even if you have not recently concluded any contracts.

Job Success is not based only on feedback given to concluded contracts. It is also affected by your percentage of ongoing jobs.

And the posted Job Success score is your HIGHEST-possible score based on calculations for multiple time periods. I don't remember for sure, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is calculated for the past 6 months, past year, and past 2 years, and the highest score is used.

Muhammad F Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
6 of 19

Job hunting on upwork is really too much hard, because of budget, no of bids high etc.

I often notced that when i go for bid on the suitable job posted within 1 minute there was already 25 people bid so its frustrating that if Bid,  I am too far in list.

Another thing that there are several bugs in Upwork website regarding searching and updating profile stats, that also effect job hunting rate for freelancers.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
7 of 19

re: "I often notced that when i go for bid on the suitable job posted within 1 minute there was already 25 people bid"

Wow. You must be competing in a very competitive field.

As a client I posted what I felt was a very good job a couple days ago and only two people had applied after 24 hours.

And I'm not an ogre or anything.

My client profile shows my average hourly rate is over $16/hour and all my reviews of contractors are very positive.

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
8 of 19

@Muhammad F wrote:

I often notced that when i go for bid on the suitable job posted within 1 minute there was already 25 people bid so its frustrating that if Bid,  I am too far in list.

Muhammad,

Under the new candidate list format being piloted live with some clients and scheduled to be the future standard, proposals will be ranked by Upwork for suitability. How quickly you apply, I assume, is no longer a factor under that scheme.

@Anyone,

Do we know if Upwork allows bidbots, as was widely reported/assumed on Elance? Even if spammy bidding cannot be automated, are there any reasons agencies cannot have dedicated bidders on their teams?

Thanks and best to all,

Michael

PRIYANKA D Member Since: Aug 9, 2015
9 of 19

I would like upwork to make it mandatory for both the client and the freelancer to leave a feedback/review (good or bad or neutral) on upwork platform regarding the project/performance after the work is completed.
I am suffering so much because of this as I have lost my 'top rated' status because of this.
All my clients have wonderful things to say to me about my work until the project is over. Once I submit the work none of them return to leave even a word or two about my performance....
It is so sooooooo disturbing.
Please help!

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
10 of 19

@PRIYANKA D wrote:

I would like upwork to make it mandatory for both the client and the freelancer to leave a feedback/review (good or bad or neutral) on upwork platform regarding the project/performance after the work is completed.
I am suffering so much because of this as I have lost my 'top rated' status because of this.
All my clients have wonderful things to say to me about my work until the project is over. Once I submit the work none of them return to leave even a word or two about my performance....
It is so sooooooo disturbing.
Please help!

You don't really know what made your JS drop. It could be anything from a drop off from another job to maybe they have a bug in the system to maybe they just changed the algorithm. Could be anything really. Too many unknown factors. Someone maybe even rated you lower in private feedback.

Maybe the no public feedback was because they didn't want to cause a scene and just rated you lower in private. There are lots of non-confrontation people who don't say anything publicly.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS