cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone got Job Success increased?

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
11 of 19
Mine went up by 1% but I don't expect it to stay that way.
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
12 of 19

They updated it again today. Mine went back up. 

I keep forgetting I have it, so I can play on it in proposals. I almost want to hardcore bid without it for like a month and then hardcore bid with it for a month to see the difference. I'm getting more people contacting me even if it is to say I'm too expensive lol but I'm bidding more too so I can't tell if it helps.

Community Guru
Mr M Member Since: Apr 27, 2013
13 of 19
Good preston,

I know you are talking about programming field but in the data entry or any other administrative type job posts there is a large amount of applicants on each job post .

After 5 to 6 min of the job post time you will think like that ** its better to not waste my 2 connects now *** Smiley Tongue
"One thing I know, that I know nothing. This is the source of my wisdom"
Community Guru
14 of 19

I dropped by 1%. Meh. This month is my best month this year, so as long as the green keeps flowin I'm cool.

Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
15 of 19

Mine went up by 2% and I got the speshull badge. Meh, who cares? I got a potentially decent job. That's what matters.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
16 of 19

re: "I know you are talking about programming field..."

The job I posted this week was for a writer, posted in the writing category, with screenwriting selected as the job skill.

Posted payment was $75 fixed price contract, for a one-minute script, which should be about 2 pages if printed out.

Seemed like a fair price. But either I was paying too little or maybe there are not many contractors here interested in doing that kind of work.

I was PLEASED with the result because the two people who applied were qualified.

I was simply surprised, in light of all the reports about jobs with too many applicants.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
18 of 19

re: "I know you are talking about programming field but in the data entry or any other administrative type job posts there is a large amount of applicants on each job post"

Which is why nobody should aspire to be a data entry worker.

Take some time to learn some in-demand skills. Then earn more money.

If not one more data entry worker joined Upwork as a new contractor, that would be just fine. There are already plenty. There are way too many.

Community Guru
18 of 19

lol Preston.

Ivan R Member Since: Jan 16, 2015
19 of 19

My JS plummeted from 100% to 91% when the new system was introduced, mostly because I had several idle hourly contracts with AWOL clients.

It's now back up to 100%

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS