cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has oDesk Been Cut Off By PayPal? Contractors Unable to Withdraw Funds!

Tim H Member Since: Jul 12, 2009
1 of 12
At least some freelancers are currently unable to withdraw funds! At least thru Paypal. oDesk won't provide any answers, so... Has oDesk been blacklisted by Paypal? Is oDesk broke? - where are the funds - because live chat support suggests contacting Paypal, but if oDesk removed the Paypal option for withdrawals it is clearly an oDesk issue! Some transparency and movement would be appreciated. Freelancers are not going to continue to work on projects if they may not be paid...
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
2 of 12
I can't withdraw via Paypal either.
"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Community Leader
Julie T Member Since: Sep 29, 2011
3 of 12
The funds in my account won't be available until tomorrow night, but a do have a bit of change that I need transfer to Paypal tomorrow night. Additionally, > What is the alternative to Paypal if a freelancer cannot do bank transfers? > If I have to pay late charges bc o-desk is not providing access to my funds. so they plan to reimburse me? The clients I work with off o-desk know they have to pay a penalty if they are late. :trying not to panic:
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
4 of 12
Paypal is showing as an option in my payments Options. But the options are: Payoneer $2 USD per withdrawal. Additional activation and maintenance fees charged by Payoneer. Skrill $1 USD per withdrawal. Additional activation and maintenance fees charged by Skrill. PayPal $1 USD per withdrawal. Additional activation and maintenance fees charged by PayPal. Direct Deposit/ACH Free payments to US banks. Wire Transfer (USD) $30 per withdrawal to United States.
Christina B Member Since: Sep 14, 2013
5 of 12
I tried all the payment methods and all of them are not working. I even tried my bank account and it disabled it and I ended up having to go through and start it over so I now have to wait 3 to 5 days for it to be verified and reactivated.
Community Guru
Heather H Member Since: May 9, 2011
6 of 12
I did a bank transfer today with no issues. Yesterday as well after I found out paypal stopped working here 3 days ago.
7 of 12
It disabled mine. Now it is just another hassle for me. ;(
Community Guru
Heather H Member Since: May 9, 2011
8 of 12
It may be the type of bank, The bank I have tied to oDesk is TD commerce, I have seen that some contractors that use credit unions or other state specific banks have had issues. I dont know if it is luck, or a fluke, since so many got diabled, I am hoping it actually gets to my bank. Ill know in three days Smiley Sad. Good thing I have a lawyer on paid up for the rest of the year. (I had to hire one last month when they "lost" one of my withdrawls).
9 of 12
I think it was a fluke. I really hope it gets to you! At least then one of us gets paid. I wish you success. I have Bank of America so it should not be the bank.
10 of 12
I tried all the payment methods and all of them are not working. I even tried my bank account and it disabled it and I ended up having to go through and start it over so I now have to wait 3 to 5 days for it to be verified and reactivated.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS