🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Has your number of invitations decreased rece...
Page options
simma88
Community Member

Has your number of invitations decreased recently?

Hey there lancers! Hope you're all having a great day today working on your pj's.

I want to ask a question. 

Has your number of invitations decreased recently? Are any of you experiencing a lack of invitations?

In the past weeks, my invitations have decreased considerably. Normally I would get around 5 invitation every day. Sometimes up to 10. These past two weeks I have only received around 4 invitations and they were crap, pretty much just spam.

After receiving the email about the new paid plan and connect system, I upgraded my plan to a paid plan thinking that the number of invitations would go up and nothing. Not getting any invitations. In the past months, I have only submitted 2 proposals. Most of my business was through invitations. Submitting proposals takes too much time.

In the past months, I've made over 20k here on Upwork. Now my income has gone down considerably.

I have been working with previous clients but in these past weeks, I've only made around 1k. If I make less money, Upwork makes less money.

Upwork is in the process of rolling out the new plan for freelancers and new paid plans for clients.

The limited number of invitations on the basic client plan must be the reason why the number of invitations has decreased. Do you agree?

I'm now considering moving to another platform like Fiverr or Guru.

Can any of you relate? Have your invitations gone down recently?

Does it have anything to do with the new client plans?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

1 REPLY 1
lakitel
Community Member

It's pretty much impossible for anybody to tell you specifically why you are getting less invitations, but all things considered, I would say that the most likely reason is indeed the recent change in client membership plans.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths