Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hate Speech from Client

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 17

It doesn't MATTER!

It's over. You conceded the dispute.  You have sold the work elsewhere (Or at least you (probably untruthfully) claim to have done so in your thinly veiled threatening message to the client).

There is no longer any point whining about it or arguing with the client or violating the rules of this forum by repeatedly posting screenshots of private conversations between the client and yourself. You are not allowed to do that.

Just learn from it and move on. Never contact the client again. There was no racicm. There was no hate speech. There was a mismanaged contract. It's over now.

Move on!!

ahmed-sayed112
Ahmed S Member Since: Nov 15, 2020
12 of 17

Okay, Thanks, Petra, I don't think you would feel what I feel I have worked on that for more than two consecutive two days, and then I had been cursed and got nothing except accused that I am a scammer it is really difficult for me and it is the first time that happens to me.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
13 of 17

Ahmed S wrote:

and then I had been cursed

Cursed? There is nothing in those screenshots that shows the client cursing you at all...

First you claimed the client was racist to you, which was a lie. Then you claimed the client used hate speech, which was also a lie. Now you claim the client cursed you... What next?

Let it go. You had the opportunity to continue with the dispute. You declined. The end.

In future, don't accept contracts you can't fully complete properly inside the time and in high quality (writing). Then things like this won't happen.

Time to move on.

ahmed-sayed112
14 of 17

Hello Petra, 

For you words like "uneducated", "looser", "scammer", "trash" etc are not hate speech or cursing, Okay

According to the quality and deadline if you checked the screenshots you would find that she accepted the extension and if she had refused I would have finished it on time but she accepted to extend, also she has not said a word according to code or writing before asking her for payment. Anyway, I have already disputed but how on earth I pay 300 USD to get 260 USD. Anyway, Thanks Petra for your advice but each one has its own standards I don't accept anyone telling me that I am uneducated and dishonest and consider this as hate speech and cursing. 

feed_my_eyes
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
15 of 17

Ahmed S wrote:

For you words like "uneducated", "looser", "scammer", "trash" etc are not hate speech or cursing, Okay

It's true that your client said mean things to you, but it still doesn't qualify as racism or "hate speech" because there's no mention of your race, ethnicity, religion or whatever. I also don't see any swearing in the jpgs that you attached. She was unhappy with your work and didn't want to pay you. You could have chosen to go to mediation about this, but you didn't. 

Ahmed S wrote:

I don't accept anyone telling me that I am uneducated and dishonest and consider this as hate speech and cursing. 

You don't have to accept it - you can choose never to work with this client again. 

ahmed-sayed112
16 of 17

Okay, Thanks Christine for your advice I really appreciate it. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
17 of 17

Hi Ahmed,

I understand that you may be frustrated with the way the contract turned out. Majority of the contracts on Upwork are completed successfully and without any issues. However, in those few cases when things don't go as expected, Upwork provides its users with tools and assistance through mediation and arbitration process. Check out this help article as well as Upwork Escrow Instructions for more information. 

Additionally, I'd like to mention that if you believe any content is inappropriate or in violation of Upwork TOS, the best way to report it would be to use the "flag" options you'll see throughout the site. Check out this help article for more information about how you can report a specific message for team's review.

I'll also be closing this thread from further replies.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS