Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hate this issue with spam

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
ASKHAT B Member Since: Sep 10, 2017
1 of 15

hi administation of huge and scare upwork.

i trying to search projects and today i send proposal to this man

and he ask me to go ouside from upwork, i know by rules this not should to do, but when you want to earn money you will do it.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

HOW

punish him???? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 15

lol and now we know how people get their money dumped into someone else's account. lol

"**Edited for Community Guidelines**." LOL

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
3 of 15

Askhat,

Thanks for reporting. I'll forward the information you've shared to our Marketplace Quality team for further review.

~ Valeria
Untitled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Erin S Member Since: Apr 7, 2017
4 of 15

I've also been having a major spam issue. Two or three jobs I've recently applied for have messaged me saying, "Please contact the hiring manager to schedule an interview", and then they provide me with an email address. I could be wrong, but pretty sure this is spam? Very frustrating because these proposals take a lot of time. Also incredibly hard to get in touch with customer service about this issue!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
5 of 15

Hi Erin,

Clients are able to hire you directly on the Upwork platform. An interview can be implemented through the use of the platform and while it's not against the rules to communicate through other means during an interview, you always want to be sure that you are hired through Upwork with a contract in place via Upwork.

You can flag these types of jobs for us to review it by clicking on the "Flag as inappropriate" link located at the upper right of the job posting and our team review it. To learn more about things to look out for and suspicious jobs to avoid, you'll want to check out this thread, there is a lot of great info and tips there.

You may also find it helpful to check out this thread which has many useful tips and information for getting started on Upwork. Hope that helps!

~Nina
Highlighted
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
6 of 15

Seeing as I can't see the link the OP posted, I can't confirm this, but....

Earlier today, and still I think, my job feed page was/is flooded with fake jobs. I flagged, and flagged, and flagged some more. Got busy with work for a couple of hours, and then noticed my feed still had a lot of "questionable" jobs.

Not sure the flags I submitted worked.

Also, in case Valeria sees this, I sent you a PM with details and some links around 11 AM your time.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Amanda F Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
7 of 15

I am also seeing less and less jobs, more that are fake and lately there are hardly any decent paying ones. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
8 of 15

@Amanda F wrote:

I am also seeing less and less jobs, more that are fake and lately there are hardly any decent paying ones. 

My post about fake jobs is unusal. Normally I see 2-3 in an entire week. Today was very atypicall.

Also, I don't know what service you provide, but I am betting it is writing/editing/graphic design/voice over/web dev related. Those jobs it's a tad harder to find good paying jobs that in my niche, but they are there. I'm guessing your knew and haven't set up perfect job feeds yet. 

Give it time.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
9 of 15

They took a dump in the writing section too. I reported one and it was still up after I got the email, so meh enjoy your check scams writers.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
ASKHAT B Member Since: Sep 10, 2017
10 of 15
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS