🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Have I been banned?
Page options
losgryfog
Community Member

Have I been banned?

Why Have I not been getting any responses to my proposals for over 2 months now? I've been sending proposals to people and have not gotten any type of response, like my messages aren't even being sent, like they're just being deleted after I press send. why is that? Why aren't you letting me speak with clients?

4 REPLIES 4
tlbp
Community Member

Have you checked the job listings to see if the client has hired anyone or looked at the listing? How many proposals per listing have the jobs you've applied to received? Clients usually only contact a few applicants and there are a LOT of graphics people attempting to land those gigs. Check out the stats on the number of people who have Upwork accounts but have never been hired. 

losgryfog
Community Member

I check the old listings everytime I come back to send more proposals. At fear of getting "in trouble" I only send 2 or 3 proposals every couple days. If I wasn't scared, I'd send propoals everyday. The majority of them have hired someone, but...a lot seem like weird hirings. When I can check the freelancers, it's someone who does an artstyle completely different from what they asked for, I do the style they asked for. Or it's a 3ish star rating, complaining about a language barriar, yet I speak the language they do, so why pass me up for someone that you have a language barriar with, then complain about the quality of work they do? 

Some of the jobs have a lot of propoals, 50, 20- 30, but most are reasonable 10-15. Yet there are those that have less than 5, including mine! Most of the ones with higher numbers, I sent my proposal when they were less than 5.

It's just weird, I know freelancing is up and down, but I'm not getting interviewed, not even getting declined. I've tried lower rates, extremely detailed propsals, casual proposals, professional tones, etc. 

I checked my stats, it says I'm getting looked at, but idk. It feels like fourth quater 2019 i had a competitve skillset, then 2020, I've completely fallen to the bottom, suddenly.

I just wanted to know if there is something going on with my profile.

I've noticed most of the people i'm losing jobs to are from india, the middle east, south east asia, south america, but the people posting are from the US. I don't know if there has been a sudden influx of new freelancers from these countries in 2020.

tlbp
Community Member

What did the clients who hired end up paying for their work? If you have better communication and produce better work, apply to gigs that are in a higher fee range. There are many writing gigs that I could do, but I won't for the price offered. So, those clients are not going to hire me. 

losgryfog
Community Member

I'm not sure of the freelancers hourly rates, but the final payment hourly is usually around $50, some in the $100+ range. As far as fixed, anywhere from $5 to over $100.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths