🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Have connects but unable to bid
Page options
exinn
Community Member

Have connects but unable to bid

My profile says I have 110 available connects but when I do to any project's details to place a bid, it says I have 0 available connects. What to do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amit,

Yes, that's possible to do. You can also switch your status from Exclusive to Non-Exclusive and while submitting proposals, you can choose whether to submit them as an agency freelancer or not.

To update your status, switch to your agency profile and go to Settings > Members & Permissions. On the page, you should be able to see a link saying 'Exclusive' as shown in this screenshot. Click on it and a popup will open. From there, you can update the status by selecting 'Non-Exclusive' in the 'Agency Freelancer' dropdown as shown in this screenshot.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Amit, 

I checked and it looks like you are an exclusive member of your agency. As an exclusive member, your profile and proposals are branded with the agency to make the agency’s part in the working relationship clear to clients. All contract payments are paid out to the agency. You will be drawing Connects from the agency. You might want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
exinn
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for replying. In that case, is it possible to close the agency & then be able to use the freelance connects to apply for projects?

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amit,

Yes, that's possible to do. You can also switch your status from Exclusive to Non-Exclusive and while submitting proposals, you can choose whether to submit them as an agency freelancer or not.

To update your status, switch to your agency profile and go to Settings > Members & Permissions. On the page, you should be able to see a link saying 'Exclusive' as shown in this screenshot. Click on it and a popup will open. From there, you can update the status by selecting 'Non-Exclusive' in the 'Agency Freelancer' dropdown as shown in this screenshot.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Perfect. It worked!

Thank you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members