cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have not been paid...is this common?

Julie S Member Since: Nov 10, 2018
1 of 4

I have been working with the same client since Oct 15...and according to my transaction history should have roughly $470 coming my way. However, it has been more than 2 billing cycles and I have not yet had any money deposited into my account nor have I been able to get in touch with the client for over a week. If she no longer wants my services, that is fine...I just do not know how to go about getting the money that is owed to me without nagging her. ( I have been reaching out to her once a week to see where we stand...no response since November 1). 

I have logged all my time through the Upwork desktop app complete with pictures ec...any advice?

Thanks!! 

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2 of 4

Hi Julie,

I checked this for you and you have already been paid for your job, except last week, which is currently subjected to a standard five-day security period and will become available for withdrawal as shown under the date details in your Transaction History.

On an hourly contract, you log hours and the client is automatically billed for them. Please learn about Hourly Payment Protection and weekly billing cycle

You can check the status of your payment by clicking on the 'Reports' tab and then clicking on 'Overview', funds for your work are currently in the Pending tab and Available tab.

In order to be able to withdraw your available funds on your account, you will need to set up one of our Get Paid Options to be able to withdraw your funds. You'll see them when you go to Settings> Get Paid> Add a Payment Method

Also, you need to fill the W-9 form in your Settings> Tax Information in order to be able to withdraw your earnings from Upwork. You can contact your local accountant of tax advisor if you have any additional questions about your filing status or W-9 form. You can also read this and this help article for more information.

Let us know if you have any questions or need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 4

@Julie S wrote:

I have been working with the same client since Oct 15...and according to my transaction history should have roughly $470 coming my way. However, it has been more than 2 billing cycles and I have not yet had any money deposited into my account nor have I been able to get in touch with the client for over a week.

Where-Is-My-Money.jpg"Where is my money?"

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
4 of 4

The client may be confused as to why you are asking them about payment when Upwork has already billed their account. Let this contract chill for a while so that hopefully the client forgets that you hassled them about payments and then close it out if you are sent no further work.

In the meantime, read the links that have been shared in this thread and learn how the payment system works. There are situations where a freelancer can err and not get paid, you should be aware of them. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS