🐈 Community
martha08

Have not received a PayPal payment from a client

Hello,

On April 1, my client sent his monthly payment via PayPal to Upwork.

The amount has not shown in my account.

He sent me a png of his PayPal receipt, yet I don't know how to attach it.

Thanks,

Martha Mayo

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r

Clients do not send monthly payments to Upwork, they pay you via either fixed rate or hourly contracts and are charged automatically, provided the contract was correctly set up as either an hourly contract and you logged the time, or as a fixed rate contract with funded milestones.

The client's payment method gets charged automatically for either....

Which is it?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r

Clients do not send monthly payments to Upwork, they pay you via either fixed rate or hourly contracts and are charged automatically, provided the contract was correctly set up as either an hourly contract and you logged the time, or as a fixed rate contract with funded milestones.

Which is it?

Oh my! His bank account has been debited, he says.

It is a monthly fee.

What do you recommend?

Thanks!!

How did the client send it? If they just did a PayPal payment it will be hovering in Upwork's general account with nobody having a clue what it there for or why.

your client needs to contact Support with the Unique transaction ID, and find a way forward. In future the client needs to go to the active  contract they have with you  and click on "give Bonus" or fund and release monthly milestones if it is a fixed rate contract.

Thank you Petra, I'll let him know!

Best,

Martha

Which is it?

Learning Paths