🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Have other writers come across this kind ...
Page options
samanthawriter7
Community Member

Have other writers come across this kind of thing? Very frustrating...

After making the editorial changes I was asked to make and re-submitting, a client said that she would have to wait until the proofreader (this must be a separate person from the editor) approves of my work before she can release my money. She assured me that this shouldn't take very long, but I find it a little bit insulting. The editor found only two tiny typos in the whole piece. All of his other suggestions had to do with fonts and surface issues. How likely is it that the proofreader is going to unearth anything major? 

Anyway, I'm just venting. 🙂 

Samantha 

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Samantha L wrote:

After making the editorial changes I was asked to make and re-submitting, a client said that she would have to wait until the proofreader (this must be a separate person from the editor) approves of my work before she can release my money.

Clients have 14 days from submission or resubmission. Clients who make me wait the 14 days do not get worked with again, but they do have that right.

Oh, I know. Certainly they do. I wasn't asserting that they didn't. I just don't understand the delay, which seems unnecessary to me. Simply frustrated. That's all. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members