cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have problems in getting a job

andrew121314
Andrew Z Member Since: Jul 7, 2016
1 of 7

I'm new on upwork. I've spent 30 connects. I have usual profile and I'm polite and concrete in cover letters. Why nobody is even looking at my profile, not even speaking about hires or interviews.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 7

Andrew: Your profile is set to private. Please set it to public so that we can see it and offer advice.

andrew121314
3 of 7

Actually, my visibility-setting was: seen for logged in users. Anyway, I've set public. I'll send some cover letters on the simpliest tasks today and look at the result in my view-stats. Thanks for help and waiting for any advices

csjarmitage
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
4 of 7

First, you have several spelling errors in your overview.  Second, you should hide your "below average" test scores. Finally, you should pick one thing you specialize in.  Web dev and research are two completely different niches and this will complicate your ability to find work here.

If you choose to go the web dev route you absolutely must have a robust portfolio.  I can't stress enough how important this is.  If you don't have anything to put in your portfolio, I would suggest sticking with the research niche.

andrew121314
5 of 7

thank you, I'll definitely use your advices

mcowser
Mary C Member Since: Aug 6, 2016
6 of 7

Hi Andrew,

I have a few suggestions in addition to the others. Referring to your profile, you may want to word it a bit more professionally. For instance, instead of saying, "I have lots of experience with Data Entry and various computer work throughout learning at the university," you might say, "I have extensive experience in data entry during my studies at the University of _____________. 

Be more confident. Instead of saying, "Generally, I'm always eager to explore new ideas, leave off the word "generally". Also, instead of, "I'm always trying to figure out what exactly does a client want" leave out "trying" and say something like, "I ensure I have a full understanding of my clients requirements before beginning a project". There are other such problems in your overview as well. These are only a few suggestions.

I would put some more work into your profile because clients do look at it. Hope this helps.

Mary 

ravi_iitian
Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
7 of 7

Change your photo; at best, you look like a high school student.

The photo is important; for example, look at Preston’s photo – you see a confident professional.

"Certa bonum certamen"
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS