Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have recent 5-star contracts, Job Success Score didn't increase

farrahmandeeli
Ace Contributor
Farrah M Member Since: Sep 14, 2015
1 of 7

My Job Success score happened unfairly. I was 100%, but then a client needed to end the contract as he needed to develop a proper site. With this, the rest of the milestone was refunded. I have a screenshot that we talked in good terms and no problem at all, if only I knew that refund affects my job success score BIG TIME I would have asked another option to dealing with the refund.

My job success score jumped from 100% to 82% to something I didn't even did to unsatisfy a client. I did not compain back then as I feel like no one would guide me based on experience, and I'm sure I'll just be given an explanation. Just explanation. 

But this right here is different, I'm now (again and again) trying to build my JS above which is now 87%. 

Note: My client that I mentioned contacted me again today with a new contract. 

Now the problem is, I recently have two 5-star feedback these two weeks and it didn't increase.

Somehow I feel like Upwork really don't wanna get me to the top. I was once a Top Rated freelancer.

It's beyond stressful what I'm dealing with Upwork right now. 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 7
He didn't choose "contract completed successfully" and who knows what else.
vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 7

Hi Jennifer,

Note that the end contract reason doesn't affect the Job Success Score.

Untitled
farrahmandeeli
Ace Contributor
4 of 7

I don't think so, we did have a good communication and he wouldn't have contacted me again today if he's gonna leave a contract not done successfully. What about my recent two 5-star contracts that didn't affect my JS at all? 

vladag
Community Manager
5 of 7

Hi Farrah,

I'm sorry to hear you're frustrated with your Job Success Score. Please note that refunds don't affect the score, the contract's outcome and feedback you receive from your clients do. 

Untitled
farrahmandeeli
Ace Contributor
6 of 7

Noted. That contract ended with a good feedback as well, the client even gave a comment with compliments and contacting me again in the future.. And these 2 weeks I've had 5-star contracts ended. But it didn't affect my JS at all. 

vladag
Community Manager
BEST ANSWER
7 of 7

Hi Farrah,

Private feedback your clients leave also affects your Job Success Score. Also, contracts can fall off the calculation windows, resulting in recalculating the score for each of the three windows and updating the score on your profile, even without taking into account the impact of the recently completed contracts.

Untitled

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS