🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Have to Login EVERYTIME
Page options
Community Member

Have to Login EVERYTIME

Hi, I am new Freelancer.

I have this unique problem where I have to login each time I open the browser. I use Edge. If I close the browser then open Upwork I am not automatically logged In. I have to press the Login with google button and then the whole shabang. '

How do I fix that?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Rasmus,

Thank you for reaching out. Please  note that the website will ask you again to log in again due to the following:

• You use a new browser
  • You log out of the browser, and "Keep me logged in" is disabled
  • You set the "Keep me logged in"option, but you clear your browser's cookies
  • The browser is set to clear cookies when you quit the browser, so the session is removed
  • If you opt to use Incognito mode, it does not save history/cookies

If it persists, please do the following:

• Check your browser's cookie settings
  • Make sure your browser is up to date
  • Reset the browser to its default settings
  • Try using a different browser 
  • In Chrome, selecting Continue where you left off under "On startup" also helps

If the issue persists once you try what I have mentioned above, you can let us know so our team can look into this for you.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Talha, 

The feature is designed with security in mind. Your session length can vary based on several factors, but the system will ask you to log in again or enter your login information when we feel it's necessary. 

If you just closed the browser, opened it immediately, and were requested to log in, your browser could be clearing your cookies and cache when you close it. If you feel that this is an issue, let us know by replying on this thread and our team will assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
Community Member

Thankyou for replying quickly. Yes It seems like an extra bit of hassle everytime. I realise this is a security feature, but could you help me manoeuvre around it. I dont want to login everytime.

Hi Talha,

Thank you for following up. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
f6efa62a
Community Member

You could provide an answer to the entire community instead of saying that. What's the point of solving problems publicly in a community if you're going to reach out to ppl privately?
I have the same issue and it's insanely annoying.

Hi Gabriel,

The reason why you see Nikola or any other moderator directing a Community member to a support ticket, is because at times, some issues are best handled by a Customer Support agent directly. That said, I'm sorry to hear you're also going through the same issue. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f64b5410
Community Member

Hi Avery,
I also have the same problem, I have to log-in to my account everytime I access upwork. It's frustrating. Can you help me with that?

2a286b71
Community Member

Me too. Same problem. Would love to have a fix so it's not as often. Could you guys help with that? 

Hi Rasmus,

Thank you for reaching out. Please  note that the website will ask you again to log in again due to the following:

• You use a new browser
  • You log out of the browser, and "Keep me logged in" is disabled
  • You set the "Keep me logged in"option, but you clear your browser's cookies
  • The browser is set to clear cookies when you quit the browser, so the session is removed
  • If you opt to use Incognito mode, it does not save history/cookies

If it persists, please do the following:

• Check your browser's cookie settings
  • Make sure your browser is up to date
  • Reset the browser to its default settings
  • Try using a different browser 
  • In Chrome, selecting Continue where you left off under "On startup" also helps

If the issue persists once you try what I have mentioned above, you can let us know so our team can look into this for you.

~ AJ
Upwork
graysuit
Community Member

1. Create Password: https://www.upwork.com/ab/account-security/password-and-security

2. Disconnect all services: https://www.upwork.com/nx/connected-services

then it will allow to remember device

cristianrusu
Community Member

It's pretty clear that this problem is general by just googling it and finding threads even 1 year old. It's also pretty clear that the community does not enjoy this "security feature". We are all adults, I can take care of my own account security, give me an option to stop being logged out every time I close the browser. It's like doing a captcha everytime, really bad user experience.

e81a8880
Community Member

Agree guys, its very annoying. And this email that comes right away about my login.. Im tired to delete them 10 times per day.

b400f5c0
Community Member

I also have the same problem; I have to log-in to my account every time I access Upwork. It's annoying. Can you help me with that?

07cde080
Community Member

1. Clear Cookies and Cache: Sometimes, corrupted cookies or cached data can cause login issues. Try clearing your browser's cookies and cache. In Microsoft Edge, you can do this by going to Settings > Privacy, search, and services > Choose what to clear. Select "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," then click "Clear."

2. Check Browser Settings: Make sure your browser is set to remember your login information. In Edge, go to Settings > Privacy, search, and services > Cookies and site permissions > Manage and delete cookies and site data. Make sure "Allow sites to save and read cookie data" is turned on.

whedlund1
Community Member

I'll add my vote here as well. I browse to Upwork on my Chrome browser 2-3 times a day and EVERY TIME I have to login. The accepted solution for this thread is actually not a solution for most of us. 

In my opinion, it is not industry standard for organizations like this to require this level of security. I'd understand if it were a bank, invoicing software or a HIPAA enforced company. Upwork is not. I'm a professor, among other things. I don't have this level of security at the colleges where I teach, at LinkedIn or other social media sites, along with a number of other professional sites that hold sensitive data.

Upwork team, please consider updating your security requirements to allow cookies to save credentials for a longer period of time!

Thanks for considering.

Wayne

Yes, that's exactly what I want to say!!!.
I tried their methods and I still have to login everytime I open the chrome. It left me no choice...

b41c96ec
Community Member

the solution from @Syed Ibrahim A actually solves the login issue, just required some additional steps from me:

1. Create a Password:
    If you haven't already, visit Upwork Password and Security to set up your password.
  2. Disconnect Connected Services:
    If you use Google or Apple sign-in, disconnect all services by visiting Connected Services.
  3. Clear Upwork Cookies:
    To delete Upwork cookies on Chrome, navigate to settings, then the Privacy & Security tab. Choose Site Settings, click on 'View Permissions and Data Stored Across Sites,' locate Upwork, and click the delete icon.
  4. Restart Upwork:
    Close your browser and reopen the Upwork site. You should land on the login page. Enter your email, click 'Continue with Email,' input your password, check 'Keep me logged in,' and click 'Log in.' You might be prompted to answer a security question.

Following these steps should resolve the login issue, and your login information will persist. Additionally, this will enable Upwork to remember your device.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members