🐈
» Forums » Support » Have to contact the concierge team when I wan...
Page options
b7a6f146
Community Member

How to Delete Account

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arya, 

If you'd like to close your account, first make sure you withdraw any active proposals on your Proposals page

complete and close any active contracts and don't have any available or pending balance.Then you can close your account by visiting this page. For more information and detailed steps, please visit this help article.

As a gentle reminder, please know that you will not be allowed to create a new account. If you need to use your Upwork account again in the future, you can reach out to us through our different support channels, and we will assist you with reinstating your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

505 REPLIES 505
mjmiii
Community Member

Can you please delete my account as well? I have been trying to close for days. The info you list on your website:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067588-Close-My-Account is wrong. Its ridiculous and people shouldnt have to waste their time so you can keep fake inflated numbers on membership. This site is god awful. 

mjmiii
Community Member

Can you please delete my account as well? I have been trying to close for days. The info you list on your website:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067588-Close-My-Account is wrong. Its ridiculous and people shouldnt have to waste their time so you can keep fake inflated numbers on membership. This site is god awful. 

Hi Michael,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further in closing your account. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
rolandofgilead
Community Member

Hello,

I'm trying to close my account because I'm moving to a full time job as a factory worker, but I keep receiving a message like "we were unable to close your account". I think I've followed all the required steps (ended all active contracts, withdrew all funds, no payments pending...). Can someone please look into it and help me close my account?

Thank you in advance,
Mattia

“Go then, there are other worlds than these.”
―Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Hi Mattia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your account is closed as per your request. You can always contact us and we can reopen the account for you.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ernie-lorenzo
Community Member

And close this one. How do I go by and doing that?

Hi Ernesto,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'll have one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ad0753e9
Community Member

I have tried to delete my account for the last two days. I followed the instructions listed in the forum, and even the link that was posted. I do not have the delete option. Can someone please tell me who I can reach out to to get assistance? 

Thanks!

Hi Christa,

I have checked your account and it looks like there's already a support ticket created with your concern. I highly suggest you communicate with our team through that ticket for updates and further assistance with the deletion of your account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
janani_aish
Community Member

I have opened accounts in upwork earlier but I had to quit for various reasons. Now i want to start fresh. So when I went to delete my account its not happening because i used my google account and it has no password. But upwork keeps asking for password and unable to reset as well.

Hi Janani,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
5cc25a58
Community Member

Hi I want to delete my account 

Hi Abdulla,

I hope this article will help you to go ahead- https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067588-Close-My-Account

Thanks!

- Raju

ArjayM

Hi Von,

If you'd like to close your account, first make sure you withdraw any active proposals on your Proposals page complete and close any active contracts, and don't have any available or pending balance. Then you can close your account by visiting this page. For more information and detailed steps, please visit this help article.

As a gentle reminder, please know that you will not be allowed to create a new account. If you need to use your Upwork account again in the future, you can reach out to us through our different support channels, and we will assist you with reinstating your account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
art-oz
Community Member

Hi, good afternoon. I'm having issues deleting my account. I've ended all contracts and withdrawn all proposals but when I go to the close account option it says I have a contract open. How can you assist or is it something management can close for me?

Hi Ozo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you still have one active contract on your account. Please know that ff you wish to close your freelancer account, you must first:

After that, you should be able to close your freelancer account by following the steps below:

1. Go to Settings  Contact Info
  2. Click the Close my account link
  3. Click Confirm

You can find more information in this help article. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
janani_aish
Community Member

I am trying to deleted 2 of my Upwork accounts. both of these were created using Gmail id. I have forgotten the answer to security question. so now I am not able to any deletion since I don't have a password because I use Gmail to login.

Hi Janani,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please be informed that having multiple accounts is against Upwork's Terms of Service. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
dd86719c
Community Member

i want to close my account but the job are closed and i cant withdraw . need help as i want to close my account as soon as possible

Hi Muhammad,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a3b71b99
Community Member

I created two different accounts on Upwork, one for freelancing and the other as a client , and later realised that you can have both profiles with just one account. And I have added the same payment method to both accounts. I will need your advice on what to do now. Thanks in advance as I wait to get your response

Hi there,

That's correct. You only need one account to have a client and freelancer profile. You would have to choose which account you will retain and we will close the other one. I shared your this with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks so much for this. I truly appreciate it.  Although, I have made a reply to the support message and I am yet to  get a response. Thanks again for all you do. 

idesofmarch73
Community Member

Hello,

This week, I would like to close my freelancer account for Upwork.  However, the directions given to close the account are not working.  In order to attempt account closure, I tried to utilize the chatbot and that did not work and I also called the phone number listed on the website for Upwork offices.  I got onto an auto-dial attendant thingy but no one actually answered when I pressed numbers to speak to a person.

I secured a job and do not wish to use the Upwork site, but how do I truly remove/cancel my freelancer account?

Thank you to anyone for any real help.

Carrie

Hi Carrie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

My account doesn't show the "close account" option as the directions suggest, so thank you for the kind reply.

I will watch for the support ticket.

-Carrie

c171ac6f
Community Member

i want to close ma account asap but upwork has deleted some jobs. i want to close as soon as possible

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
c171ac6f
Community Member

I want to close my account but jobs cannot be withdrawn as Upwork has removed them. I want to close my account asap.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message and we hate to see you go. I can see that our team already reached out to you with instructions on how to proceed in closing your account. Don't hesitate to communicate with our team here or your email if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
dd1fcc6e
Community Member

I like using Upwork just out of curiosity I created a freelancer account too but not I want to delete it because I am not here for freelancing. Please consider deleting my freelancer account. But I do want to retain my Client Account

Thank You.

Hi Ahsan,

I'm really sorry to hear that you wish to close your account. First, make sure you withdraw any active proposals on your Proposals page. Complete and close any active contracts and don't have any available or pending balance. Then you can close your account by visiting this page. For more information and detailed steps, please visit this help article.

As a gentle reminder, please know that you will not be allowed to create a new account. If you need to use your Upwork account again in the future, you can reach out to us through our different support channels, and we will assist you with reinstating your account. Let us know if you're having difficulties closing your account and we're more than willing to assist. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
dd1fcc6e
Community Member

Hi, Thanks for reply but when I click on close my account but it says "At this time we are unable to close your account. You have one or more open jobs. Please visit your Jobs Postings page to close these jobs.
Please note: For security purposes, you will not be able to change your username, or open a new account with the same email address." I don't want to close my client account I only want to close my freelancer account how could I do so 

Hi Ahsan,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
33d28978
Community Member

Hello!

I want to delete my Upwork account but I still need to close all my active proposals. However, I cannot withdraw one of my active proposals because the job was already closed. Though the job is already closed, it is still in my active. 

Please help. Need to close account.

curt_jaimungal
Community Member

I haven't had it active in years and it's saying there are "open contracts" though I can't find them. Please close my account. Thank you.

Hi Curt,

You can find your active contract here. Please end the contract and try closing your account again. If you're still experiencing issues, please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork
56070d8c
Community Member

Hi,

I'm not able to close down my account and this message keeps popping up:
Thank you for using Upwork.
At this time we are unable to close your account. Please call our concierge team at  **Edited for Community Guidelines**, select option 3, and we will help you close your account.
Please note: For security purposes, you will not be able to change your username, or open a new account with the same email address.

I'm based in the UK.

Hi Ali,

Thank you for your message. Your account has been closed as requested by you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, 

I cannot close my account, this message keep showing up.

Thank you for using Upwork.
At this time we are unable to close your account. Please call our concierge team at **Edited for Community Guidelines**, select option 3, and we will help you close your account.
Please note: For security purposes, you will not be able to change your username, or open a new account with the same email address.

Thank you.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths