🐈 Community

Have you taken any Upwork tests and done well on them that you think are relevant to this job?

what kinf of question is

"Have you taken any Upwork tests and done well on them that you think are relevant to this job?"

what is the matter with the  cients, all the test are in the profile no need to  ask irrelevant questions. 

10 REPLIES 10
computerhxr

Clients don't always know what is relevant to the job.  They expect the "expert" to know what IS relevant and be capable of communicating that effectively.

If they dont know what is relevant how they will choose the correct freelancer? 

@Mario C wrote:

If they dont know what is relevant how they will choose the correct freelancer? 

... by answering the question: "Have you taken any Upwork tests and done well on them that you think are relevant to this job?" 

how would they know that what you consither relevant is really relevant ?

@Mario C wrote:

how would they know that what you consither relevant is really relevant ?

This is regressive questioning. 

You know, you could always just put "N/A" and be done with it.  That's what I do most of the time.

Hi,

yes, this is my question also . 

Thanks 

Ramzanul Hasan

Ramzanul

@Daniel C wrote:

Clients don't always know what is relevant to the job.  They expect the "expert" to know what IS relevant and be capable of communicating that effectively.

Daniel, I see your point, but what professional would like to collaborate with a totally non-technical person, that should have hired a CTO by now. seriously. I had this experience in the past and it is like training the dog on how to use the vacuum cleaner. 

@Cristian-Adrian F wrote:

@Daniel C wrote:

Daniel, I see your point, but what professional would like to collaborate with a totally non-technical person, that should have hired a CTO by now. seriously. I had this experience in the past and it is like training the dog on how to use the vacuum cleaner. 

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like most clients are non-technical.  They want estimates on a paragraph that ammounts to a poorly formed, vague idea at most.  They should hire someone to help them develop a real plan, but then again, they don't know what they are doing...

@Daniel C wrote:

@Cristian-Adrian F wrote:

@Daniel C wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like most clients are non-technical.  They want estimates on a paragraph that ammounts to a poorly formed, vague idea at most.  They should hire someone to help them develop a real plan, but then again, they don't know what they are doing...

By non-technical I refer to someone that doesn't even know what a framework is (at least a general idea). If we scroll through this feed, we'll mostly find people that understand some parts of their work and know how to screen the candidates prior to igniting the project with someone that took a totally irrelevant test.

abdulrazaq89

It is not logical. Cover letter should be only about the project what a client required?

Learning Paths