🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » ** - Have your life changed a lot after conqu...
Page options
raele
Community Member

** - Have your life changed a lot after conquer "Top Rated"?

Hello, guys!

I am opening this discussion to know more about the difference of being a "Top Rated" freelancer, as I am super close to get it. Then my question is directly for the guys which already conquered it: Have your life changed? Did you get better jobs?

I'm excited to conquer it, and I'm really curious about how good it is.

Thanks, guys!

4 REPLIES 4
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

No, life does not change a lot after getting the "Top-Rated" badge! For the most part, searching for jobs, sending proposals, doing calls remain the same. 

On the first few pages of the search results for any job category, "most" of the results are that of Top Rated Freelancer, so it does not really set you apart on the search page! 

I may be wrong, but I do have a feeling employers value "Raising Talent" more and are willing to give rising talent a chance! When I got the raising talent badge, I had job invitation interviews lined up and quickly had a few good contracts! I qualified for Top Rated in less than a month and was only waiting for 13 TR weeks to complete! 

But that is not to say it is not worth it! I do enjoy a few TR perks and value them a lot. 

Other than that, nothing is going to change dramatically! 

Oh, what a pity. By the way I keep excited as there are some benefits.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

It is not a life-changing event. 

Most people have the expectation that it is. They believe that they will be flooded with invitations and have to beat clients away with a stick.  

In all likelihood, this is not going to happen. 

You will get an email, which will be really exciting. I suggest you open a bottle of your favorite beverage at that point and celebrate. 

Otherwise, your best strategy is to keep doing what you are already doing.

Opening a bottle of your favorite beverage pretty much pairs well with almost everything.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members