🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Having Problem setting Up Billing Method
Page options
odekeben
Community Member

Having Problem setting Up Billing Method

I set up an agency account and wanted to activate Agency Plus but the payment method I used was declined. I can only choose one payment option "Credit or Debit Card" from the billing methods. I have only one Debit card so I can't update the payment method. The only other payment method would be paypal but it's unavailable as an option. I there a way for the payment method to be approve or another payment option to be added to the billing methods. Any kind of help will be greatly apprecited. Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Odeke, 

I apologise for the delay as I had to check this with the team. They have confirmed that the reason why the transaction was declined was because of "invalid card number." Please contact your bank and share this information with them so that they can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Odeke,

Sorry to hear you weren't able to set up your billing method. For more details about billing methods available on Upwork for paying Membership plan and how to set up one, check out this guide.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
odekeben
Community Member

I have already read the guide before posting. Is it possible for me to know why the payment was declined?

I want to know whether the card is declining on the bank side or Upwork's side. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Odeke, 

I apologise for the delay as I had to check this with the team. They have confirmed that the reason why the transaction was declined was because of "invalid card number." Please contact your bank and share this information with them so that they can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
odekeben
Community Member

Ok that helps me on my side, let me do that. Thanks for all the help.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths