cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Having Trouble Contacting Freelancers

smednick
Sam M Member Since: Jun 26, 2016
1 of 6

I'm trying to send potential freelancers a message so I can interview them, but there is no contact button beside their names. I've been looking for hours and can't seem to get any information on how to actually contact someone. I'm signed in, I have an account. Please help. Thanks. 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 6

Presuming you have a *CLIENT* account and are properly logged in on the client interface (not a freelancer interface):

It is the "Invite to Job" button which instigates an Interview:

contact.jpg

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
3 of 6

Hi Sam,

Currently your account on Upwork is only set up for bidding on jobs and working as a freelancer. To create a client profile, please click on your photo in the upper-right corner, go to Settings, scroll down and click on the "+ Create a company" link on the left side of the page, and choose "Create a Client Company". After you complete all the steps, you'll be able to switch between your Freelancer and Client profiles in the account view menu (the one that appears in the upper-right corner after clicking on your photo).

Once your client profile is set up, please follow advice and instructions shared in this Help article and post your first Upwork job. Also, follow this link and visit our Hiring Headquarters to find all the information and best practice advice designed to help guide you through the hiring process on Upwork.

If you need any assistance, feel free to post your questions in the Clients forum.

Untitled

View solution in original post

99f3f30e
sam m Member Since: Jun 26, 2016
4 of 6

Great thanks so much!! Very helpful and it worked. Much appreciated to both of you. 

8571bcee
Katie M Member Since: May 3, 2017
5 of 6

So you can only contact the freelancer once they've applid to your job? I've sent an invite to a freelancer and they have not responded in 3 days. I guess I should assume they don't want the job?

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
6 of 6

@Katie M wrote:

So you can only contact the freelancer once they've applid to your job? I've sent an invite to a freelancer and they have not responded in 3 days. I guess I should assume they don't want the job?

Yes, you cannot speak with a freelancer if they haven't applied. Check the response time on their profile before inviting them and if eventually they don't answer, pick someone else. Or invite a bunch of different freelancers.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS