🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Having a bad situation with the customer
Page options
477c38bd
Community Member

Having a bad situation with the customer

Hello there,

We did business with a client. I revised in vain as he did not know the needs of his own wishes. Then he asked for a refund. When I refused, he gave me bad points. I gave a bad score too.

Then I wanted to solve the question between us in a constructive way. I told him to fix my score and refund his money.

I changed his score and he hasn't corrected my score for 2 days. I withdrew my score too. And I gave it a worse score. and blocked it.

Then he swore and insulted me in the review comment.

I worked on so many platforms and never encountered such problems.

Please I want you to delete this comment or offer from the system. Then I am thinking of leaving your platform.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Rizacan T wrote:

I told him to fix my score and refund his money.

I changed his score and he hasn't corrected my score for 2 days. I withdrew my score too. And I gave it a worse score. and blocked it.

That, alone, is a policy violation that could get you and the client suspended.

There is nothing "constructive" about trying to buy better feedback, and the private feedback can't be changed anyway, and that is what affects your metrics.

Frankly I'd be very quiet about the whole thing, rather than tell Upwork on a public forum all about it.

477c38bd
Community Member

I did not buy points. I just worked extra to make the client look satisfied. Then the requests started to differ in the messages. I revised again. I did the 4th revision for $ 30 job. Then he gave my score low, using the excuse of "not doing business".

Maybe I missed a few jobs just because it gave my score low. But I did not deserve that score. I would be quiet if I deserved it.

It is our most natural right to want to improve the score and to agree. Then upwork wouldn't allow this.

I wanted to make a deal by agreeing to pay for my labor, is it a crime?

Why should I be silent? I would be quiet if I deserved it. But why am I being punished for an act that I do not deserve?

Do we have to be slaves to please the customer? Do we have to do everything you say? Do we need to do additional jobs for free, apart from the requested jobs?

Sorry, I had to say that.

petra_r
Community Member

Rizacan T wrote:

It is our most natural right to want to improve the score and to agree. Then upwork wouldn't allow this.

It is a clear violation of the terms of service to try and trade a refund for better feedback, or to trade better feedback.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rizacan,

I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your open ticket in a timely manner.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

You should not have a problem getting this removed or at least the offensive language blanked out. No matter what you did, the client is way out of line. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members