🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Having trouble downloading Upwork desktop app...
Page options
zach81210
Community Member

Having trouble downloading Upwork desktop app on Linux [Debian 10 GNU (buster)]

Hello everyone, 

I was just wondering if anybody else in the community had any sort of luck downloading the Upwork desktop app to their computer that runs off of the Linux distribution; specifically Debian 10 (buster)? I've followed the instructions on the download page + troubleshooting pages with no luck.

I understand that their are many variations of Linux distributions out there, so the instructions that I did follow were for Debian 8, since the Upwork's webiste did not have any instructions specifically for Debian 10. So perhaps the desktop app is simply not suitable for Debian 10 as of now? 

Thanks in advance! 

4 REPLIES 4
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zachary,

You should have no issues with this as the Upwork Desktop App works on Debian 10. Could you please share more information about this? If you can, please share a few screenshots so we can take a look.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Perhaps it's my lack of Linux experience, but this is the same command that is on the Upwork website. What am I doing wrong here? 

Hi Zachary,

I see what the problem is. You need to do this:

1. Download the file for your OS from this page.
  2. Open the command line and navigate to the folder where your downloaded file is with the cd command.
  3. Once you're there, run the commands from the help article.
 $ sudo dpkg -i upwork_amd64.deb
 $ sudo apt-get -f install

Let me know if that works for you!

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Ahh okay I see what I did wrong here. Great, thank you so much for your help! Much appreciated.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members