🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Heavily worded "scope-fixing" posting
Page options
alexandernovikov
Community Member

Heavily worded "scope-fixing" posting

So long things short, i have a client with a habit of infinite scope creep, and today i decided i had enough. I made him agree on a fixed scope which guarantees project closure (i don't even mind if feedback is poor - i will remove it with the Top Rated thing - haven't done for years), and post me the very well-worded message through Upwork, adding that

"This will conclude the project with the final $xxxx bonus payment and constitute full acceptance of the project, any additional work will be separately paid as a part of a separate Upwork contract. This communication may be presented to Upwork staff as a proof in case of any further disputes."

and he did it, of which i made screenshot in case he will alter the message later.

question is though: will that be enough? will that actually work if i close the project and he goes to arbitration "remembering" a zillion other things which "obviously" must be there or were "always implied because we can't draw everything on mockups"?

(ah and yes, ofc i'm not asking about that bonus payment, i don't mind if it never comes, just that he won't be able to force me to refund everything provided that this fixed list of things is done)

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Alexander N wrote:

question is though: will that be enough? will that actually work if i close the project and he goes to arbitration "remembering" a zillion other things which "obviously" must be there or were "always implied because we can't draw everything on mockups"?

You are once again worrying about things that have not happened and may never happen again.

How many times have you gone to arbitration?

You may be right Petra about me being overly paranoid. How else do you maintain a 100% JSS over hundred+ contracts and 60+ clients, if not by being overly paranoid?

But ok, i calmed down a bit, seeming i am getting past this one, either.

You can't be too careful with some clients, Alexander.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths