🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hello Freelancers! I have a question about a ...
Page options
ernestodesigner
Community Member

Hello Freelancers! I have a question about a problematic client

Hello Everyone, very excited to be part of this big freelancer platform, I have a question, I just had a project with a somewhat problematic client, somewaht unreasonable she sent me a contract and I did the work for her but she kept making changes to everything and I did them for her and then she said she was satisfied, a few days later said that I didn't do the product she asked when she had clearly approved it before, she wanted a refund for part of the payment, I released the refund for the whole amount of the payment, but now I am scared that she is going to leave a bad review for me and that is going to affect me with my job score, so I wanted to ask someone who is very knowleadgable on this Upwork contracts and such that if I refunded the client for the complete amount of money for the contract, will her review still appear on my profile? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A 100% refund of a contract means that the job won't be shown at all on your public profile page. No public review. No mention of the job.

Private feedback remains in effect. That will affect JSS.

A refund causes a zero-pay contract, which has a negative effect on JSS.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lysis10
Community Member

It makes no sense to refund  when a client asks for a refund and closes the contract. At this point, they've already rated you probably badly, so might as well get some money for your time and dispute it.

Is just that I thought when you refunded the client, the review could disappear

Ernesto J wrote:
Is just that I thought when you refunded the client, the review could disappear

The public one does, but not private.

A 100% refund of a contract means that the job won't be shown at all on your public profile page. No public review. No mention of the job.

Private feedback remains in effect. That will affect JSS.

A refund causes a zero-pay contract, which has a negative effect on JSS.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths