🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hello. I closed the contract with the custome...
Page options
pinkfox94design
Community Member

Hello. I closed the contract with the customer myself because he did not send me the payment. The cu

Hello. I closed the contract with the customer myself because he did not send me the payment. The customer is completely satisfied with the work, but due to the fact that I closed the contract, the money did not come to my upwork account. I read that when an independent contract is closed by a freelancer, the money is transferred in two weeks. More than two weeks have already passed, and I am writing a second time to support.

Tell me, when can I expect to return the payment to my account for a job successfully done?

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Anastasia V wrote:

Hello. I closed the contract with the customer myself because he did not send me the payment. The customer is completely satisfied with the work, but due to the fact that I closed the contract, the money did not come to my upwork account. I read that when an independent contract is closed by a freelancer, the money is transferred in two weeks. More than two weeks have already passed, and I am writing a second time to support.

If it was a fixed rate contract, you sent all the money in Escrow back to the client when you closed the contract.

There is no need to "write to Support." Had you handled the contract correctly, you would have been paid automatically by now.

When you use the "submit work for payment" button, the money is released to you after 14 days, UNLESS you close the contract.

Because you closed the contract, you won't get paid.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

I don't know Upwork's fixed price system well, but maybe you can ask the client to send the money to you as a bonus?

Good luck.

Will L wrote:

I don't know Upwork's fixed price system well, but maybe you can ask the client to send the money to you as a bonus?

That would totally work, but requires the client to cooperate.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members