cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Account suspended, No reason.

Maureen N Member Since: Feb 16, 2018
1 of 4

My name is Maureen Njeru. My Upwork account is a few months old. I got a client that I worked with and he paid me, the funds are in processing due Wednesday.

Today, he also contacted me so I could do another job but then a few hours later, my account got suspended. To be honest, I totally have no idea. Their email didn't have any specific reason and I have been really really doing my best to never break any Upwork rule. I am still a newbie and this is totally heartbreaking and unfair too.

Will I be able to withdraw the money once the processing is finished?

How do I even know the reason for the suspension if the customer service isn't willing to tell me why?

I really really need my account back so I can continue working. I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks and God bless.

Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
2 of 4

Hello Maureen,

I'm sorry to hear that your account got suspended. I just checked your account and I can see that you have already sent your appeal. Please wait within 72 hours for our team to review your appeal.  We'll reach out to you as soon as we have an update. Thank you.

Untitled
Maureen N Member Since: Feb 16, 2018
3 of 4
Thank you so much Ryan. I hope it gets sorted. I would also wish to know what caused the suspension to avoid re-occurence. Will I be able to withdraw on wednesday or I have to wait till its sorted? In case they don't restore my account( I really hope they do), would I still be able to withdraw?
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
4 of 4

Hello Maureen,

Please check our team's first ticket to you regarding your account suspension. Yes, you will be able to withdraw your earnings. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS