Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Help! Client asks for my username and password

saitaosla
Active Member
Jonathan C Member Since: Jun 12, 2017
1 of 4

Few months ago I had a new client, this client of mine hired me as a UI/UX Graphic design for his website. After completing the first job, he loved my work and decided to keep me as a regular.

After a while he wanted me to stop working for other clients and want me to focus on his work, in return he will double the pay every 15th and 30th of the month. Since I can manage my time and and deliver results for this new client and the other client, I thought of keeping them both, because my old client is with me for 2 years now we didn't have any issues at all.

This new client wants a video conference every 2 days, now this time I came up late. He was fraustrated and demanded to give my upwork username and password so he could check if I work on his project alone. I deliver good results for both client I just don't show up the video conference on time because sleep is important for my, its just the way I am, sleep is my only stress reliever.

Also for this new client i'm working for his other guys(collaboration) particularly with his backend guy, but they don't seem to do the job, so now im partially working as his backend as well and if the other guys make mistakes I get the blame because this client thinks I can work as a backend which I can, but choose to be a UI/UX because that is what I was hired for and UI/UX is what im passionate about.

 

I told the client that I became a freelancer so I could work on my own time whenever, where ever I want as long as I can deliver results. Please advice this is stressing me out. Im worried that this client will mess up my career which I've worked so hard. I've never expirience a client where we constantly need to talk over the camera, does it even matter? I mean I deliver good results and everytime I deliver results he's like "WOW! Genious, My gosh!" but his mood changes when I don't show up in a meeting. Please advice.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 4

The client does not need your username and password to check, if he has any brains at all he can see on your profile who else you are working for.

 

Did you agree to work only for that client or tell the client that you only work for them?

 

Not turning up for a meeting you agreed to is unprofessional, and if you did not want to have meetings you should not agree to them or set a schedule to fit with your availability. I hope you didn't give the client that excuse with your sleep....

 

Anyway, what is it you wanted advice on? Obviously you won't and should not give the client your usename or password, but beyond that you need to work it out with the client directly, if that is still possible, or end the contract.

 

 

saitaosla
Active Member
Jonathan C Member Since: Jun 12, 2017
3 of 4

Petra R wrote:

Did you agree to work only for that client or tell the client that you only work for them?


Yes I did agree to work for him at full time which is 5 hours per day between monday to friday. Other than that I still have 5 more hours to work on my other client plus an extra 10 - 15 hours during the weekends for my other clients. And yes I don't have any days off, haha.


Petra R wrote:

Not turning up for a meeting you agreed to is unprofessional, and if you did not want to have meetings you should not agree to them or set a schedule to fit with your availability. I hope you didn't give the client that excuse with your sleep....


I did agree but I told him in advanced that im a heavy sleeper and which im a sleep the whole morning and ask if I could extend the time to two more hours.


Petra R wrote:

Anyway, what is it you wanted advice on? Obviously you won't and should not give the client your usename or password, but beyond that you need to work it out with the client directly, if that is still possible, or end the contract.


My main concern is if did I violate any of upwork's TOS? Im not afraid of loosing this client but I fear upwork's policy if I violate any for working with 2 or 3 clients at a time. I did not and will never ever share my account credentials which I work so hard to achieve.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
4 of 4

Jonathan C wrote:


My main concern is if did I violate any of upwork's TOS? Im not afraid of loosing this client but I fear upwork's policy if I violate any for working with 2 or 3 clients at a time.


Of course not.

 

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS