🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Help... Client wants more and more work even ...
Page options
cmdcodemaster
Community Member

Help... Client wants more and more work even I'm done.

Help. Good day community gurus and contributors here.

My client wants work even I am finish to the job. First job is only $5 fixed price because it is slicing images in Photoshop. He said in his job post that it is only 1 image to be slice but after job he send more iamge. 7 total image. Then after I sliced it and attach an html on it, He wants now to be connected to his email. Now, he wants me to install so called "anydesk" software because he can't login to computer. He wants me to fix his email for me. But the job just to slice his 1 image only.

I think eh is a type of client that doesn't show the details of the job scope until I accept the offer and then booommm..

What should I do? Should i request another milestone of hourly contract? I dont want to give free service because I know it is a No-No to Upwork TOS.

Please help me. I have experience like this client before so stressful and after hiring they cancel their job post, it affects my Job score so much. I'm afraid that this client is stressful too.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2f5ff562
Community Member

It´s ok to say no, in fact you should have said no to the 7 images after the contract, or AT LEAST if one image you got 5usd, then 7 images would be 35 more,  if you don´t want to work for free, simply dont do it. Even more, you could report client, flag him or something.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
2f5ff562
Community Member

It´s ok to say no, in fact you should have said no to the 7 images after the contract, or AT LEAST if one image you got 5usd, then 7 images would be 35 more,  if you don´t want to work for free, simply dont do it. Even more, you could report client, flag him or something.

Thank you very much sir. Does the client can cancel the contract and leave me a low rating if I say no? 

I already submitted my work so I am waiting for the approval of it. I politely ask him that he need to have another milestone for it. But he said no.

John L wrote:

Thank you very much sir. Does the client can cancel the contract and leave me a low rating if I say no? 

I´m just saying my opinion based on my experiences with clients, i can only suggest and maybe point to a certain direction, i´m not supplying a definite solution to your problem. I would suggest though, that you request a new milestone for the job, and maybe tell client that you agree to do the extra work if he agrees to fund a new milestone for the amount you entered, and ONLY when you see it funded go ahead and complete the job, because it seems that client might want to take some advantage, so be prepared. There is a chance that client gets all angry and ends contract suddenly and leave you a bad review, you could talk to him and try to end things correctly, but there is that possibility, sadly. Let´s see what other community members think it´s best for you too.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

End the contract and refund the money, and don't do these ridiculously low paying jobs in the future, these are the worst clients and will get you absolutely nowhere. 

Does ending the contract and refunding him the money won't affect my JSS? I experience like this client before, that is why it so much affect my job score.

John L wrote:

Does ending the contract and refunding him the money won't affect my JSS? I experience like this client before, that is why it so much affect my job score.

I can tell you i had a sucky client like yours once, although Martina is absolutely correct please don´t take those ridiculous low priced jobs, my client asked from the beginning, 2 parts of the job, i succesfully finished 1st part and he said he was satisfied with that, it was a 300USD contract so i got 150, and all of a suddent he ended the contract and said his boss wans´t happy about it and he hired someone else, and left a nasty review on my profile, i chased him down for weeks telling him to change that review, nothing happened, so i decided i would rise my JSS no matter what...... i am a Top Rated freelancer now.... so you can recover from almost anything, dont worry.

Thank you sir Mateo R.S and Martina P. for replying. I kudo both of you. You are very helpful.

petra_r
Community Member

Mateo R. S wrote:

....all of a suddent he ended the contract and said his boss wans´t happy about it and he hired someone else, and left a nasty review on my profile, i chased him down for weeks telling him to change that review, nothing happened,

You are very lucky the client did not go straight to upwork to report you.

Stunningly unprofessional.

If any freelancer haunted me for weeks I'd do as he asked and change the feedback ...... (DOWNWARDS, with a stern warning to any other clients to NEVER work with that freelancer) and then report the freelancer for harassment with the request that their unprofessional backside be kicked off the platform permanently.

2f5ff562
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Mateo R. S wrote:

....all of a suddent he ended the contract and said his boss wans´t happy about it and he hired someone else, and left a nasty review on my profile, i chased him down for weeks telling him to change that review, nothing happened,

You are very lucky the client did not go straight to upwork to report you.

Stunningly unprofessional.

If any freelancer haunted me for weeks I'd do as he asked and change the feedback ...... (DOWNWARDS, with a stern warning to any other clients to NEVER work with that freelancer) and then report the freelancer for harassment with the request that their unprofessional backside be kicked off the platform permanently.

Well, not literally.... i sent him like 3 or 4 Whatsapp messages in like 2 weeks, and also, client wasn´t also a sweetheart himself, before anything bad happened, and talking to him nicely he did agreed on changing it he said ¨sorry my boss went in the account and made those things, but i will surely change your review¨so i said ok man!, and naothing happened, so i was like, hey did you changed it already? did you now? could you please do what you said you would?, and well i swallowed that pill and moved on... and it´s been good now, so my main point was, if you move on you can recover from a bad review, no problem.

But yeah... you are right i was lucky. We made mistakes along the way and we have to live with them and grow and move on, thanks for pointing it up so nicely.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members