🐈 Community
amelia-franz

Help, I ended the contract, now "no feedback given"

Hi Everyone,

I've been on Upwork a few months, and completed a few fixed-price contracts for a customer. They were very pleased, and left five-star ratings and great reviews for all of them (until the most recent). For the last contract I completed with them, they paid me, and everything was fine. But it was sitting there inactive, and I (ignorantly, since I"m fairly new to this) closed the contract myself. Now, for my most recent fixed-price project with them, it shows "no feedback given" on my profile.

Is there anything I can do about this? Obviously, I know now that I should have asked them to end the contract. I have a great history with them, and they've always been really nice and responsive. I don't yet have a JSS score, but I'm worried that this will impact my JSS score when it shows up. 

Does anyone know if there's anything I can do about this? Anything?

Thanks so much in advance,

Amelia Franz

3 REPLIES 3
boshoffirene

You could write them...

Hi ...

I have closed the contract on my end and left feedback. Would you be so kind as to do the same? I look forward to further collaboration.

Regards,

Thanks, Irene. That makes sense. I did leave them great feedback, but it wasn't showing up on their feedback profile. I guess it's because they haven't left feedback for me yet, and Upwork keeps it "blind," so freelancer does not see feedback before leaving it for client, or vice versa.

I will try doing that.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

--Amelia

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amelia,

I see you followed Irene's advice and asked send a message to your client. It looks like you're now aware of the proper procedure with closing a completed contract, so I'll just note that having one contract without feedback will not affect your Job Success Score or reputation, in case you don't hear back from your client.

Untitled
Learning Paths