cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help. I'm working with a very "difficult" client.

Carlos Eduardo D Member Since: Feb 13, 2018
11 of 17

Should I flag the job or contact support?

I already did the latter when he asked me to go to another platform.

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
12 of 17

Up to you.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
13 of 17

Carlos Eduardo D wrote:

Should I flag the job or contact support?

I already did the latter when he asked me to go to another platform.

Did he ask you to go to another freelancing platform?  Did you include proof? (>Screenshots etc?)

And yes, absolutely report him with all the proof again including the insults.

It may not do any good but it won't hurt.

It's essentially all over and done now. Grab some quick little jobs you can do with your eyes closed and also, in future, be a *LOT* more careful taking jobs and vet your clients very carefully.

The main secret to a nice life as a freelancer AND a good JSS is to turn down clients before they get a chance to ruin one's day or JSS.

14 of 17

Yes, he precisely asked me to go to another freelancing platform. After he started the contract...

I didn't attach screenshots because that's not possible when submitting a ticket.

I uploaded a screenshot and included a link to it now. Don't know if they're gonna open it, but yeah, life goes on.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
15 of 17

Carlos Eduardo D wrote:

Yes, he precisely asked me to go to another freelancing platform. After he started the contract...

I didn't attach screenshots because that's not possible when submitting a ticket.

I uploaded a screenshot and included a link to it now. Don't know if they're gonna open it, but yeah, life goes on.

You absolutely need to give proof via screenshots. Both of the "asking to to go off platform" and the abusive behaviour. Nothing happens without proof.

16 of 17

I thought they were able to look at my conversations, that's why I didn't include any proof. I submitted a new one with a link to the screenshot now.
He said he already had "credits" deposited on this other platform because he had a client who disappeared there.
Apparently, this is his third attempt to get this work done (second on Upwork). Don't know if that is a justification for his attitude, or if it's his attitude that justifies the work not getting done.

17 of 17

My score actually went up. (I had 6 completed open jobs, sent a message asking the clients to close them and got a response from 2). 

Apparently, he received a bunch of 1-star reviews with people complaining about the exact same thing.  

He posted another job offer and it already has 10 to 15 proposals... That's sad.

(sorry for bumping)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS