🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Help Me Buy Connects
Page options
jamesrozario2018
Community Member

Help Me Buy Connects

Hello,
Greetings!
Can anyone help me to buy connects, please? I don't have an international debit/credit card but I can arrange to repay through my friend's PayPal. PayPal is not supported in my country so I can not use PayPal to buy connects. The option doesn't even show in my account.
Please let me know if anyone can help.

15 REPLIES 15
NikolaS

Hi James,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, PayPal isn't available as a billing method in some locations. Please note that you will need to use your own billing method to purchase Connects. If you have sufficient balance available from Upwork earnings, you can use this balance to pay for Connects. Otherwise, Upwork accepts Visa, Discover, Mastercard, and American Express credit cards and most debit cards. Feel free to check this help article for more information on available Billing methods. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Can I use gift cards to buy connects or upgrade membership? Please let me know.

Kind regards,

James

Hi James,

We do not accept virtual cards or gift cards. Prepaid cards may be used to purchase Connects, but not membership plans. You can check this help article for more information.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Will I be able to add my relative's Visa Debit Card in my billing method? Or, I have to have my own card to do that?

Hi James,

As long as the owner of the billing method authorized you to use it, you should be able to add it to your account. If any issues arise, Upwork team will notify you directly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Thank you.

Can I use PayPal Debit & Prepaid Cards and add those up in my billing method? 

Hi James,

This varies based on your location. You can check the options available to you here and add one of those.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,
Thank you for your reply. Currently, I reside in Bangladesh. Will the PayPal Debit & PayPal Prepaid Cards work here?

Hi James,

When you go to Settings > Get Paid or Billing Methods, once you click the button to add a method you will see the available options for your location. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,
Thank you for your reply. I need a clear picture of it. The billing method I am having here is payment cards only. Since PayPal Debit & Prepaid Cards are physical, I need to know if those will work in Bangladesh or not. Please let me know.

Hi James,

Unfortunately, I can't advise you about this. You can reach out to PayPal directly and see if their services are available in your country.
As I`ve mentioned in my previous post once you go to Settings > Billing Method > Add Method, you will see the available options for your location. To learn more about our accepted billing methods, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Could you please let me know how I can contact upwork directly about this?

Hi James,

Our team just reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with purchase Connects. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
0d59c8e1
Community Member

Hi Bojan,  

I'm having trouble with my own amex card so I'm unable to buy connects.

Can I use payoneer mastercard that is on my mother's name?

Thanks,

Robin 

Hi Md. Robin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You can only use payment methods that are under your name otherwise the transaction will be rejected. 

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members