cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Help Me

Highlighted
kalum c Member Since: Dec 1, 2015
1 of 24

Hello Sir, My profile Completed 5 month ago but I have no any job.My exam score are good I have many portfolio. But I have no win my first job i am very upsaid and worrid.please give me suggest.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
2 of 24

Every word in your overview is plagerized. You stole from another freelancer and I'd close your account if I was management. Very very wrong!!!

Ace Contributor
James T Member Since: Oct 12, 2015
3 of 24

hmmmm. Now my initial thought was Jean was being a bit harsh with her words of distain and I was siding with you Kelum. Here comes the inevitable....HOWEVER.... I looked at your profile and its pretty tight and exsctly the sort of informtion one would write for that field of work. So then I read your post again and you state.....

Hello Sir, My profile Completed 5 month ago when it clearly states on your profile you have been a member for not even 30 minutes!...

Things are not looking good for you Kolum. I rthink the nail in your coffin here is this...........

Hello Sir(WHO ARE YOU ADDRESSING? THIS IS AN OPEN GROUP), I COMPLETED My profile Completed 5 monthS ago but SINCE THEN I HAVE HAD NO JOBS I have no any job.My exam scoreS are( YOU HAVE DONE MORE THAN ONE)! good I have A DETAILED/COMPREHENSIVE many portfolio. But I have NOT WON ANY BIDS no win my first job i am very upsaid UPSET and worrid.please give me suggest.IONS

So, I think it is fair to assume that Jean and her original message are warrented as it is clear that what is written on your profile is indeed pasted from elsewhere yet you forget to think about having to write on here therein exposing you.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
4 of 24

He joined the forum 1/2 hour ago. Not the site.

If you paste his entire profile into google you'll see the other freelancer he stole it from.

That is outright plagerism.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 24

and this is a lie:

"

English: Fluent "

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 24

I doubt that "Kalum" will return to the forum to ask any further questions or respond to the comments here. He is probably already working on his next fake Upwork account and fake profile page. Unfortunately this sort of thing became so commonplace that Upwork had to start asking for more extensive identity verification for all new contractors from certain parts of the world.

As much as this kind of thing may annoy the typical honest contractor on Upwork, I'm sure that this annoys the people from Kalum's country even more, because just a few bad apples can make a whole group of people look bad, even though most of them are honest.

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
7 of 24

@Preston H wrote:

As much as this kind of thing may annoy the typical honest contractor on Upwork, I'm sure that this annoys the people from Kalum's country even more, because just a few bad apples can make a whole group of people look bad, even though most of them are honest.

That's assuming he actually resides in the location listed in his profile. If a freelancer fakes one thing, he can fake another. In fact, the photo might be fake and the gender might be fake as well.

Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
8 of 24

Although the OP has violated Upwork's ToS, I think the responses have been quite unnecessarily vitriolic.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Cairenn R Member Since: Aug 19, 2015
9 of 24

A popular overview! 

I saw someone else using it on yet another freelancer site as well. 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 24

Hi All,

Please, note that a few posts on this thread were edited or removed. We appreciate the help many of you provide to new members of the Community, but we ask you to do it in a professional manner.'

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS