🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Help. My Rising Talent badge disappeared but ...
Page options
4jpowell
Community Member

Help. My Rising Talent badge disappeared but I don't have a Job Satisfaction Score yet.

I've seen the question posed before but the most common answer seems to be that the user now has a JSS so RT was removed. Additionally, I can find no evidence of any violations to the RT program.

My badge did disappear temporarily a while back but showed up again.

Has anyone experienced this issue and gained any insight into what could be going on? Definitely seems to be affecting my ability to get interviews.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Jonathon P wrote:

I've seen the question posed before but the most common answer seems to be that the user now has a JSS so RT was removed.

The client who gave you 3s for both skills and quality won't have left overwhelmingly positive private feedback.

If it vanished after that feedback, but came back again, it is possible that the client was temporarily suspended (contracts from suspended clients are excluded from the JSS and the RT calculation) and recently unsuspended, so their contract is calculated into your metrics again.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Jonathon P wrote:

I've seen the question posed before but the most common answer seems to be that the user now has a JSS so RT was removed.

The client who gave you 3s for both skills and quality won't have left overwhelmingly positive private feedback.

If it vanished after that feedback, but came back again, it is possible that the client was temporarily suspended (contracts from suspended clients are excluded from the JSS and the RT calculation) and recently unsuspended, so their contract is calculated into your metrics again.

4jpowell
Community Member

Yikes! Didn't see those 3s. The timing makes sense.

petra_r
Community Member

Jonathon P wrote:

Yikes! Didn't see those 3s. The timing makes sense.

Yes, that's what did it.

You want to vet clients veeeeeeery carefully. I turn down about two-thirds of the clients I discuss possible contracts with. Life is too short to waste with **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

Unfortunately, that **Edited for Community Guidelines**will also affect your JSS when you get one, so your mission now is to get a number of  quick little contracts with super-ecstatic feedback before you get your JSS to minimize the impact of the **Edited for Community Guidelines**

4jpowell
Community Member

"…so your mission now is to get a number of quick little contracts with super-ecstatic feedback before you get your JSS to minimize the impact…"

Was thinking something like that should be my strategy for moving on. Thanks for confirming!

bagratdan
Community Member

Hi Jonathan

I can't see the RT badge now on your profile. As I can see you have projects that were started long ago and that were not completed yet. If you did not have any activity on those projects during the last 40 days, then your badge will be removed and your jss score will be affected as well.

Bagrat D wrote:

As I can see you have projects that were started long ago and that were not completed yet. If you did not have any activity on those projects during the last 40 days, then your badge will be removed and your jss score will be affected as well.

**Edited for community guidelines**  As long as money was, at some point, paid, they have absolutels NO affect on the RT status or the JSS, and the "last 40 days" number is also absolutely false. Even if nothing was ever paid, it takes 2-3 months before a contract starts having any impact.

as I know having something paid or not during the contract has no impact on this. And the number comes from the support. I had a client with whom we have a project that was on hold and had no activity for 2 months, and I noticed that my jss was lowered. I asked the client to contact the support, and check what was the reason for this, THey answered that the reason for this was the project with no activity on it during the last 40 days. 

Bagrat D wrote:

as I know having something paid or not during the contract has no impact on this.

You know wrong.

Bagrat D wrote:

is. And the number comes from the support.

It's nonsense.

Bagrat D wrote:

. I had a client with whom we have a project that was on hold and had no activity for 2 months, and I noticed that my jss was lowered

If no money was ever paid, that is correct. If money was paid at any point, it had nothing to do with your dip in the JSS.

Bagrat D wrote:

THey answered that the reason for this was the project with no activity on it during the last 40 days. 

Wrong. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

If something (in excess of $ 1) was paid at some point, ever, contracts do not hurt the JSS unless they are closed with poor private and/or public feedback. What hurts are contracts that are open for 2+ months with nothing EVER paid and/or contracts closed with nothing ever paid with with no or poor feedback.

Contracts with something, at some point, paid have absolutely no effect on anything whatsoever at all.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths