🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Help Needed: Mediation from Client resulting ...
Page options
khan30
Community Member

Help Needed: Mediation from Client resulting financial transactions suspension

I'm a top-rated freelancer of this reputed marketplace. As a full-time freelancer of Upwork, I always try to provide my best support to my valuable clients, that's why I have a lot of reputed clients as well as long-term clients for whom I've been working for a couple of years.  You can check my profile for a better understanding.  Unfortunately due to some miscommunication and due to my unavailability for sudden health issues, I have been suffering greatly in Upwork.

Although I'm a full-stack Web Developer, however in Upwork I've developed myself as a successful browser extension developer (mostly chrome extensions).  Last year September 30, 2021, I have started a contract. On  January 14, 2022, we have mutually ended the contract on good terms.  I have attached the conversation during contract end and contract end status from my Upwork profile as supporting documents on that support thread with reply.

After the development of the initial version,  he asked me to upload the chrome extension to the chrome web store. I asked him will he upload the extension or will I upload it using my account. Because all of my previous clients took the extension source zip archive from me and rather like to upload the extension by themselves or prefer to use it locally. For this reason, I have very minimal knowledge on publishing chrome extensions of the chrome web store. I already have a chrome web developer console account with some of my own extensions. Since he asked me to publish it by myself, I submit the extension from my account and waiting for review. After several disapproval and re-submission attempts the extension finally got published, the extension. And I share the link with him and the team.

Five or Six days before ending contact he asked me to transfer the ownership of the extension. I've done some research on it and came to know from google that extension ownership can not be transferred. Then he asked to delete my chrome web dev console account since I've some running and draft extensions on it I couldn't able to delete my account. Before ending the contract I added his Chief Software Architect to the git repository, before that shared the code with him.

After that I was busy with other clients, on February 13, 2022, I started to feel dizzy and feverish.  on February 15, 2022, I have taken another project from my previous client just for his request, during this contract suddenly I fall very sick and quickly finish this contract on February 22, 2022. I feel so sick that I couldn't able seat on my desk and work or check emails or anything. Besides, I don't have email access from my phone, which was a disadvantage. Later I came to know, at this time this client  asked me to remove the published chrome extension from the chrome web store. I was so sick that time even I couldn't able to change my availability status on Upwork.

The Client raised a dispute against me when the contract was ended. It was an hourly client and there was no money in 'Review' when the contract ended but I missed all the emails from the mediation team to respond on time and only got to know once my financial transactions were temporarily suspended and displayed a warning in my Upwork account.

I recovered from my sickness and As soon as I got to know, at first I unpublished the extension from the chrome web store( screenshot I attached the draft extension as a supportive document on support thread with reply). I have done some google research to completely remove the extension from my account, proof attached on that reply, but I came to know it can not be removed but I can archive it, so I archived the extension.  I also send an apology text to the client (screenshot attached on that reply), unfortunately, haven't got any reply from him. I replied to all their questions, explained the entire situation, and have been waiting for their response, it's been almost 20 hours since I reply however no answer from support team. I have huge fund stuck on as my upwork balance, now I'm worried about losing those funds. 

Lastly, I do not intend to hamper the mediation process but I would like to get the restrictions on my account lifted. Can any one help me of suggest me what should I do. How long this restriction will stay. What will be the impact this financial suspension on my profile.

4 REPLIES 4
AndreaG

Hi Nasirul,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I checked and can see you were able to share this with our team as well via your support ticket #34072615. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
khan30
Community Member

Hi Andrea, 
Thanks for your kind reply. Actually I've solved all issue raised by mediation team, moreover after replying on mediation related ticket, I raised another ticket to support team explaining everthing support ticket #34392561 they replied that it will take team 24-48hrs to write back to me. More than 48 hours past still no reply. I'm really getting worried, becasue I have all the funds more than $27k in my account. I really need those money to run my family expenses as a fulltime Upwork freelancer it's really a nightmare for me. Generally how long it will take the team to reply?  So far I can see no one is assigned to support ticket #34072615
Please kindly let me know. 

Regards
Nasirul Akbar Khan

Hi Nasirul,

I've followed up with the team handling your support ticket, you should expect a reply soon.

~Andrea
Upwork
khan30
Community Member

Hi Andrea, 
Thanks for your kind reply. Actually I've solved all issue raised by mediation team, moreover after replying on mediation related ticket, I raised another ticket to support team explaining everthing support ticket #34392561 they replied that it will take team 24-48hrs to write back to me. Still no reply. I'm really getting worried, becasue I have all the funds more than $27k in my account. I really need those money to run my family expenses as a fulltime Upwork freelancer it's really a nightmare for me. Generally how long it will take the team to reply?  So far I can see no one is assigned to support ticket #34072615
Please kindly let me know. 

Regards
Nasirul Akbar Khan

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths