cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed on Upwork Account Name and Bank Account Name Mismatch

Highlighted
Marie Lois Melchor G Member Since: Nov 8, 2015
1 of 6

Hi, I know there have been posts regarding this one, but I want to create a new post so that my question can be answered directly.

My Upwork account name is Marie Lois Melchor Gomez, that is my full name, including my mother's maiden name, but my bank account name is Marie Lois Melchor Gome01 (yes, it has two digits, minus the 'z' in my last name). That is the assigned account name to me and I did not bother to ask the bank about it because the company had provided it. Now that I was hired for a project, I got worried that I might not get the payment because of the mismatch in my name.

Any suggestions/directions on how I will resolve this issue? Thanks in advance!

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 6

Hi Marie,

Although certain official variation of the legal name are accepted, I suggest you contact you bank and confirm whether they will accept Upwork remittance if though the last portion of your name is different. 

~ Valeria
Untitled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Marie F Member Since: Mar 26, 2018
3 of 6

Hi there,

My bank account uses my maiden name (Marie France Galvez) and I registered my Upwork account in my married name (Marie France Tayag) and it will not let me move on.

I can provide proof of identity as many of my documents are still in my maiden name.

How do I solve this? I have also tried to change my Upwork account to my maiden name but at the moment this is not reflected.

Hope to hear from Upwork customer service. Thanks!

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 6

Sorry to hear you're having issues, Marie. I'll go ahead and check this with the team, and see if there is a work around to your issue.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Lisi L Member Since: Jun 8, 2019
5 of 6

I too need help with this and am so frustrated that I can't talk with a human in support. I registerred with UpWork using my nickname, Lisi, and my new last name (I got married a couple of weeks ago and don't have official name change paperwork completed yet). My bank account info has my given name and my maiden name (Alisa Willner), so it got declined. I tried to change my name in my UpWork account back to my given name and my maiden name, but my request got denied. Help!

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
6 of 6

Hi Lisi,

One of our team members will reach out via support ticket and assist you directly. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS