cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please

jennelanday
Jennel A Member Since: May 16, 2016
1 of 8

Please help me. It's my first time to encounter problem like this.

I've been working for almost 2 weeks and I and my client had an agreement that he'll pay me weekly.

Today, May 25 is our 2nd week working yet he didn't pay for the first week of our agreement.

What to do? 

-Jennel

smartbpo
Community Guru
Muhammad I Member Since: Dec 19, 2015
2 of 8

Which kind of contract? hourly or fixed price? from you profile view i am unable to see which kind of contract is it. If it is fixed price without milestone than i am afraid you don't have any chance to get paid.

jennelanday
3 of 8

Hi Muhammad I,

It's upsetting, but you're right. I have no chance of getting paid. A post I've read awhile ago was about scam clients and the same thing written there was the thing that happened to me.

thanks for the help.

-Jennel

smartbpo
Community Guru
Muhammad I Member Since: Dec 19, 2015
BEST ANSWER
4 of 8

Jennel, keep in mind few things for future contracts. Don't start working on any fixed price job without funded milestone.

If you are going to start an hourly contract then use Team app, time tracking app for hourly contract and also fill memo as many time as you can in allowed time period.

I noticed that some clients are also using the hourly contract as a scam because freelancers are not well aware of the process for hourly protection from Upwork. Use Team app fill memo in the case of dispute Upwork can provide you protection.

If you used only team app for hours tracking and didn't write anything in the memo about the project what you're doing etc... then you will also lose the dispute.

View solution in original post

jennelanday
5 of 8

Thank you so much Muhammad I.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 8

Do you have an actual contract with that client?

When you click on "My Jobs" can you see the contract listed there?

If yes, is it listed under "hourly" or "fixed rate?"

If under hourly, did you track your time?

If fixed rate, does it say "funded?" and did you click on submit work - request payment?"

jennelanday
7 of 8

Hi Petra,

I'm afraid but there's none. and I just found out that it was a scam. then it is clear to me that I will never get paid by that upsetting client. It was my first time, though. so I easily fell to his trap.

Thanks a lot for the response and help.

-Jennel

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
8 of 8

Hi Jennel,

I'm not sure if you're referring to the client from the two open hourly contracts. Please contact Customer Support and share the client's details so we can follow up and advise.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS