🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Help Required!
Page options
shakir_mit
Community Member

Help Required!

Hello,

I just got my first project on Upwork and completed it successfully. It was an hourly project so after completion my client claims that you overcharged me and give some amount back to me. I was denied because of logged hours by the Upwork desktop app. So as a result, he gave me one start with bad feedback. 

As I mentioned above this was my first project so what should I do now. No one will give me a project when he sees 1 star on my profile. Should I stop my Upwork career? I am very disappointed. I also reach out to the Upwork support but no respone. 

Please advice. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Shakir A wrote:

if I refund that amount the feedback will removed/hidden from my profile? 

No, only if you fully refund the entire contract, as I said previously.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Shakir A wrote:

I also reach out to the Upwork support but no respone. 

What for? Support vca t help'you make the client any happier about how the contract went.

The client had no problem with any other freelancer and no other freelancer had any problem with that client.

Maybe think about what led to this...

Basically, all you can do is try and avoid such outcomes in future. The only way you could "hide" that feedback would be by fully refunding the entire contract, which is obviously not practical considering the contract value.

Thanks for your response. 

The disputed amount is about $31 only if I refund that amount the feedback will removed/hidden from my profile?  See the attached image for more detail.

Regards,

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Shakir A wrote:

if I refund that amount the feedback will removed/hidden from my profile? 

No, only if you fully refund the entire contract, as I said previously.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths