cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, This is not my profile!.

kamrujjaman_m
S.M. K Member Since: Jun 16, 2015
41 of 70

its not properlyfixed..still now i see in my profile my two clients account and also menu gone

menu.png

Skills make you greater
stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
42 of 70

Propbably a good thing the top bar has gone for now... that's where the settings are for changing the Paypal address! 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
Community Leader
Richard H Member Since: Aug 22, 2015
43 of 70

Half an hour ago while submitting a bid to a project, the screen refreshes and tells me to loggin.

I enter with my email address and password and it logs in under someone elses name.

I won't enter the name but I don't know that person and immediately logged out and then log back in with my info.

Several times in a row this happened.  

After closing all web pages and waiting 15 minutes or so. I was able to log in as me.

What's discerning is that in that 10 to 15 minutes someone else could have been logged in as me and messed with my profile, or other setting and caused quite a problem.

I called the upwork hotline number only to get a message that all operators were busy and the email the problem.

I did create a "ticket" but have not received back any response.

I saved a screenshot (which I won't post here) to prove this happened if a upwork moderator needs it.

noddy2013
Ace Contributor
Anil N Member Since: Aug 21, 2013
44 of 70

Hello all,

The upwork web site went sporadically offline over the last couple of hours. I dumfounded, wnen I was logged in with my credentioals, to another contractor's account The contents of my message to Upwork support in appnded, My credentionals have been ommitted from the message.

Regards,

Anil Nath

==

I am Anil Nath. User id: XXXXXX and email id:XXXXX

On logging in with my credentials, I have been logged in to the account of Deepa Sarkar. Screen shot attached.

I DON"T WANT SOMEONE ELSE MUCKING AROUND WITH MY ACCOUNT. You are working like a bunch of novices....

I take this to be a very serious matter. Please wake up!

Anil Nath

===

I am now able to log into my account correctly now. Please get you services to a state stability and most importantly, secure all user accounts.

You site was offline off and on over the last couple of hours, with an array pf problems in functionality. Logging into another user's account was icing on the cake...

Anil Nath

==

sk-andaleeb
Community Guru
Tanzeel Z Member Since: May 26, 2015
45 of 70

If the community website goes down, how will we communicate with each other. I am afraid!

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
46 of 70

Hi All,

We apologize for the issue with the wrong information displaying on your Job Feed pages. This is marked as a top priority and the team is working to fix it as quickly as possible.

~ Valeria
Upwork
fergusm1970
Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
47 of 70

Valeria, this is a total failure of site security. You need to take Upwork offline right now and keep it down until this is fixed. Every minute you leave it up is potentially putting our financial information and earnings at risk.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
m-petrusevski
Miodrag P Member Since: Aug 6, 2015
48 of 70

Hello Freelancers!

I am not sure if you have the same problem as me, but I consider this a breach of privacy.

The job feed, categories, connects, submitted proposals, profile picture... in short the entire home page is of another freelancer.

I have a print screen, but I am not sure if I am allowed to post it here.

I hope the tech team will resolve this and it won't happen ever again.

Regards,

Miodrag Petrusevski

stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
49 of 70

This is ridiculous. If this is what people can expect moving forward, then going from $1bn in revenue to $1k within a year is considerably more likely than your goal of $10bn. People can put up with changing the colours of buttons or the wording of certain sections or delays in getting paid etc... but potentially very serious security and privacy issues. That's a very different matter.

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
noddy2013
Ace Contributor
Anil N Member Since: Aug 21, 2013
50 of 70

Hi, Weera,

Don't be sorry. I am was also logged in as a nother user. Screenshot attached.

By the way. I made a post on this forum, about the same problem today. I had appended my comunication with the Upworkd help center with all personal details removed. My post seems to have been pulled instantly.

Regards,

Anil

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS