Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, This is not my profile!.

d_lidwell
Community Guru
Dawn L Member Since: Sep 3, 2015
51 of 70

While I'm especially glad that I didn't notice logging into my account and seeing someone else's picture/profile... I did get this error (see attached) while trying to view my profile.

I used to really love oDesk (now Upwork). In fact, it used to be my favorite platform to work on (truth be told, it was the only platform I've ever worked on other than 2 contracts on Elance). But these bugs, glitches, and connectivity issues are simply getting out of hand! It is incredibly frustrating now trying to work on this platform - or for that matter, just trying to log in to submit proposals!

I'm seriously considering looking for another freelance platform. The bad thing is, now I just simply don't know of any other platforms except one and I'm not too impressed with the job-quality there. Ugh. Please Upwork, fix the site soon so we can get back to work without the daily frustration! lol.

jjscaz
Ace Contributor
Jen S Member Since: Jun 4, 2015
52 of 70

This is completely unacceptable! This website is such a joke...I can't even believe it. It doesn't load ever, I apparently have zero connects, I can't access my messages and now I am someone named Janice. Wow...I am seriously speechless.

tgano
Community Guru
Tracye G Member Since: Sep 30, 2008
53 of 70

I had the same mystery profile, then mine showed back up with zero conntects. I had 56 before they decided to break the site today.

So incredibly unprofessional...I do not expect anything to ever change though, they have made it quite clear they do not gives a rats behind what we think, how we are affected or anything else.

iftikhar-ishaq
Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
54 of 70

I think Upwork is introducing some new features.

d_lidwell
Community Guru
Dawn L Member Since: Sep 3, 2015
55 of 70

@Iftikhar I wrote:

I think Upwork is introducing some new features.

LOL Ya know, in all the games I've played over the years, the general "joke" among gamers was always that the devs always broke something right before (or while) they were fixing something else - or preparing for an update. So... you could be right! LOL 

fergusm1970
Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
56 of 70

"I think Upwork is introducing some new features."

No, I think they had a major site failure.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
iftikhar-ishaq
Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
57 of 70

@fergus M wrote:

"I think Upwork is introducing some new features."

No, I think they had a major site failure.

Yes these are the new features. 

mark8979
Community Leader
Mark C Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
58 of 70

Unfortunately these 'features' aren't new - they are an everyday occurrence

fergusm1970
Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
59 of 70

This has to be the worst by a long way, though.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
mario-chirinos
Community Guru
Mario C Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
60 of 70

Why do they fix things while the site is online!!!!!!!!!!!! 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS